Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Biggest mess up you have made at work- help me feel better!

So after 3 days of annual leave my colleague has just called me to let me know that a dinner I had arranged for 20 on Wednesday night didn’t go ahead as despite everyone turning up I hadn’t booked the caterers... I’d sent two emails confirming the details (of a previously re-arranged meal), but they had both gone to the wrong email address.

Obviously the first mistake was sending the emails to the wrong email address but the biggest was not calling to confirm the booking... we’re so busy and in touch with the caterers so often I think I must have thought they had confirmed it...I know we’re all human and mistakes are made but this could have been avoided ☹️

To make matters worse the caterers have been paid (as the meal was set for April but was re-arranged) and as they have already bought all the produce won’t give a refund but my colleague says the 20 now want their money back... not sure what will happen and I can’t afford to pay for it from my own pocket.

Please share your biggest mistakes to help me feel better! I have to go in to work tomorrow to face the music!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I won’t go into details for confidential reasons but I definitely had one of those sick to the stomach mistake moments recently which sorted itself but I didn’t know that at the time. Everyone makes mistakes and as long as you learn from it and no one got hurt then it will pass.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My biggest was not knowing that there was a slight change to the A level syllabus when I returned from maternity leave. The following year one of the questions was on something that I told the students it couldn’t be on. (This was the case in the previous syllabus).
In my defence it was literally one sentence in the whole syllabus that had been changed and many other centres missed the change and complained about it but I felt awful for my students.
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a colleague we work in travel agent.
She amended someone holiday due to flight cancellation not looking at the airport code correctly.
When we amend we usually need to check everything on the paperwork.
She sent someone to fuertaventura instead of mallorca 🙈🙈🙈 really bad the customer didnt realise i dont know how.
They ended up in 1 country and there hotel in another.
I still cant believe she still woeking with us custimer fuming and made a big fuss
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
I had a colleague we work in travel agent.
She amended someone holiday due to flight cancellation not looking at the airport code correctly.
When we amend we usually need to check everything on the paperwork.
She sent someone to fuertaventura instead of mallorca 🙈🙈🙈 really bad the customer didnt realise i dont know how.
They ended up in 1 country and there hotel in another.
I still cant believe she still woeking with us custimer fuming and made a big fuss
I have got on the wrong bus but never the wrong plane. Didn't they notice!
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I work in offshore energy insurance and deleted a policy with 15,000 asset locations on it by accident 😂. Ending up in hospital afterwards as it turned out I had a kidney infection and was a little out of it.
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
I have got on the wrong bus but never the wrong plane. Didn't they notice!
Thats what i was thinking apparently he thought it was the right palma 😂😂😂😂
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Mine happened whilst serving with the Army in Germany. The British Army were hosting the Queen's Birthday Reception and guests included some very high ranking military officers from Europe and the US serving in the Joint Headquarters in Rheindahlen. I had the task of typing out all the official invitations and the envelopes and then hand delivering them to their offices. I was mortified when I found out that I had not put the envelopes in the same order as the invitations. Every single invitation had gone in to the wrong envelope. Knowing it was my mistake I had to pay a visit to every officer and hand them the correct invitation. Luckily most of them had a good sense of humour.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

When working in a bank I managed to delete a company's payroll details, the day before 240 people were due to be paid. I keyed a code and added the letter d rather than s.

Bank manager was not pleased but did accept my apology, my colleagues were very kind considering the amount of additional work I caused.

No one is perfect.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Put a bottle of Ether.Meth. on top of a gas sterilizer