Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am also considering these. For those who use them, which do you recommend?
We use the Amazon Basics and they’ve worked well so far.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We bring three cases, and pack across the cases rather than having one each. Each of us has different colour cubes. In each cube is everything we would need for a few outfits, so for example if I have three pairs of shorts, one goes in each cube along with tops to match, underwear and swimwear. All clothes are divided up into the cubes/cases. We’ve just spent our first three nights in Miami, and I have one case we haven’t needed to open as we had everything we needed in just two cases. It’s quite cramped in the room so the opened case is out of the way. The ease of the cubes means that everyone can just grab their own colour when they are looking for something rather than rifling through everything. We put a few cubes away in the drawers but left some in a case and only got them out if we needed to. It makes life so much easier for me, for example ‘muuuu-uuum, I need some socks’, I can just tell them ‘they’re in your cube’ . Once we get to Orlando, the unopened case will have a load of clean clothes in it, and I can just open it and hand everyone their own cube(s) to pop in their rooms. I wouldn’t be without them.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am also considering these. For those who use them, which do you recommend?
We bought the really, really cheap ones from Amazon, £6 each and free postage so a complete bargain. With that being said as they are so cheap they wont last forever but more than a few uses out of them so cant complain at all.

There are loads online varying from the very cheap to expensive
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Have been using packing cubes for ages now and wouldn’t be without them, right now we have been in Miami for a couple of days , heading to Orlando today , I haven’t had to “ unpack “ for Miami as I just got the four cubes out of the case , then put the cubes in the drawers , just unzip the top of each cube and access what you want , each cube has tops , bottoms, dresses and underwear / swimwear . only other thing to take out the suitcase is toiletry bag and shoes . all the clothes in the packing cubes stay crease free , this morning I just zip them back up and sling them back in the case .it just keeps everything together . dirty laundry is in a carrier bag separated . I wouldn’t be without packing cubes now , beforehand my clothes would be all over the place and got all creased up, the cubes have taught me to be more organised .works well for me .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Also a recent convert - ordered the £6 ones from Amazon. We were in 7 hotels in 14 days this trips, so really helped not having to unpack fully, or live out of the suitcase - my wife and daughter didn't use them and were forever digging through their case, everything getting messed up, not sure if they actually packed a certain top.

I actually thought they would work well with my travel on case I have too, as should be able to pack more in it.

I don't see the zips losing on the cheap ones, buy even for one trip, the 6 was worth it. Give them a go.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I bought some last year. They are amazing. There was 4 of us for 2 weeks & I got all our things in 3 cases.
What I did was roll a top & bottoms together with underwear. I got a set of clothes for all of us in 1 layer. Then did the same for second layer. I put swimwear with underwear.
I found using the cubes your clothes don't fall to the bottom of the case when you pick it up. I'm so glad I got them as I wouldn't be without them now.
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

I love packing cubes! My OH looked at me like I'd lost the plot when I bought them but they were so handy for our road trip last year! I normally pack one cube with with all of the outfits & underwear necessary for that hotel stay. When we were only in a hotel for 1 night we could just take the designated cube with us and leave the cases (no valuables obviously) in the boot- so much easier that lugging 2 suitcases through a hotel all the time.
OH is now converted and takes them with him on business trips but when it's just him he'll put all his shirts in one cube, all his trousers in another one etc so that there's no rummaging round in the case looking for things
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I use them, they're great. I put underwear in one, tee shirts in one, other clothes in one, toiletries in one etc. My suitcase is a lot more organised.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I used them last year and unpacking was so easy! Just lift out the cube and chuck it in a drawer. Because of the sizes I got I couldn’t do a whole days outfit together but did put a vest top plus cropped trousers together.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I haven't read all the replies but I am a convert. I bought some for our lanzarote trip in May and was amazed that none of my clothes needed ironing when we got there. Your things don't slide about as much in the case so less chance of wrinkles. I have bought some more for our holiday in a couple of weeks. I got them from eBay. I did buy some from the range that smelled strongly of rubbery plastic and I washed them several times but the smell didn't go. I could not put clothes in them because the smell would have been on my clothes. The ones I got from eBay were excellent though.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List