Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 May 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile How much to match dining plan?

If you were to provide the same amount of food as the dining plan onsite but you were paying in dollars how much would you allow?

Comparing costs of nearby hotels ie Wyndham bonnet creek and trying to understand how much the free dining plan is actually saving us.

Thank you for your help
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Are you looking at the quick service dining plan or the Disney dining plan? Are you wanting prices for eating all meals on-site or eating off-site too? Also, how many are there in your party and what's the split of adult/children & children's ages if there are any?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 11:51 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We would want to match the Disney dining plan (comparing to beach club). We would want to eat onsite 2adults and 2over 10s. I’d already factored in tip money separately so it’s trying to price like for like. My guess is about 250 dollars a day if you’re matching snacks as well?
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

All the menus are available so it's just a case of doing the maths as you know what your family like to eat and drink. Don't forget to add the cost of (DDP included) drinks both alcoholic and otherwise to your non dining plan costing so you get like for like.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There is a dining plan calculator if you search on google and it lets you put in restaurants and snacks etc and calculates a rough idea. Cannot look on my phone but it’s really useful.

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
There is a dining plan calculator if you search on google and it lets you put in restaurants and snacks etc and calculates a rough idea. Cannot look on my phone but it’s really useful.
Oh thanks. I’ll have a look.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
Old 11 May 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
We would want to match the Disney dining plan (comparing to beach club). We would want to eat onsite 2adults and 2over 10s. I’d already factored in tip money separately so it’s trying to price like for like. My guess is about 250 dollars a day if you’re matching snacks as well?
I would say it would say your on par for the meals $250 will probably be your minimum. I factored the same figure for my family (we have 2 more children but that was 1TS meal/ 1 QS )
Old 11 May 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

It is cheaper to stay in a moderate than offsite IMO if you get the free DDP.

Ballpark figures, but when we have been/looked, CBR or POR is around £2400. Offsite can be as low as £1k, but Rosen or similar is around £1300/1400 so around £1k 'cheaper'.

But then if you go to Disney parks 10 days that's $200, plus your $200 giftcard, so already that's £300 back to you. So would you spend £700 (or around $1k) on food?

Yes - a family of 2 ad and 2 ch will I think.

If you lived off bottled water from a supermarket in the room/parks, that would probably be $8 per day ($2 per person) - so $80-100. QSDP meals are around $12 each, so easily $80+ per day (based on 3 meals between 4 twice a day). Then you have the snacks you get.

Yes, I am sure (in a villa especially) that some people could save if they wnet to Walmart, bought lunches, ate cheaper in place like McD etc... but if you plan to spend much of your time at Disney and will go to springs too, onsite is worth it
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

I have been working out similar over the last few days for some friends - bit different though as I was comparing approx. costs of 3 other options (Onsite Universal with Universal 14 day tix & Idrive Hotel with either Universal OR Disney tix ) with onsite Mod Disney resort with tix & free QSDP...

after a lot of number crunching I came to the conclusion that there isn't a whole lot of difference between the totals - no more than a few hundred..

So really I would say it comes down to working out which hotel/resort you fancy most & what level of time/ease getting to and from the parks you can live with.
Old 11 May 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Adsrat
Proud to wear my Ears

If your comparing to beach club you get the standard plan included so that would be 1 TS, 1QS and 2 Snacks. also you get refillable mug for onsite drinks.

if you assumed $25 a TS pls $4 a desert and $3 a drink, $11 for QS $3 a drink and $5 for a snack for an adult that would be $56 a day excluding resort drinks. I used TL terrace and Tony's town square restaurant as a guide.

You pay adult prices for children over 10 on DDP anyway. You are getting close to the $250 but my calculations are by no means the maximum value. i just looked at the menu and hit a price somewhere in the middle for each.

Below is an example from those 2 restaurants when maxing the price

QS - Angus burger $12.29, Orange Juice $4.29
TS - Italian Trio $32, Chocolate Cake $9.50 and Stella Artois $9.25
Snacks 2 x frozen Lemonade $5.99 each

This works out at $79.31 and this is by no means the most expensive restaurants. Depending on how you eat normally will dictate the price difference.

The great thing i love about the plan is that you get so much choice and don't have to worry about if something is a bit more or not. Just choose what you fancy.

Hope this helps.

Adsrat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List