Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dubious ESTA

WARNING
Received an email about 10 mins ago stating our ESTAS were to expire in 30 days which I never replied to

I checked my ESTA and it expires Aug 15 2021

Just be careful it could be a new scam with people worried about refunds from holidays, new bookings etc.

here is the email:

ESTA Expiration Warning
Inbox

No-monitor@cbp.dhs.gov
12:08 PM (11 minutes ago)

to MIKE4SCUBA

ATTENTION! The travel authorization submitted on Jul 4, 2018 via ESTA will expire within the next 30 days. It is not possible to extend or renew a current ESTA travel authorization. You will need to apply for a new ESTA travel authorization. Please reapply at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if travel to the United States is intended in the near future. If there are 30 or more days left on the old authorization you will receive a warning message during the application and be asked if you wish to proceed.

E-mail Security: If you are concerned about clicking the above link, ESTA can be accessed by typing https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov in the address bar of your browser.

Edited at 02:07 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Are any links in the email genuine?

Could it be for an application for a family member using the same email address eg partner or child, rather than yours?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
zece87
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have you previously been in the last 2 years as they only last 2 years and it says July 2018?
2022 - Port Orleans Riverside
zece87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
we both have up to date esta that expire aug 21. may be its the real website or maybe not but didn't want to take a risk and thought I would mention it to others to be cautious at this time.

if I have over reacted by posting then apologies but I am always wary when these things pop up from a random email

Edited at 12:48 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
You always get an email from DHS 30 days before your ESTA expires.

Could it be that you applied for an ESTA back in June 2018 and you changed your P/P since and got new ESTA for that? Email may refer the old ESTA if so.

Mick

PS the email we had with our 30 day warning came from no-monitor@cbp.dhs.gov

Edited at 01:12 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
twelvepack
Earning More Ears

Had one of these a couple of moths back. Thought it was strange , as my ESTA runs out on the 30th September, but had recently done a new one as my passport was nearing expiration. So i thankfully just ignored the email and deleted it
twelvepack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We had the same email yesterday and our estas dont expire till 2021. No new passports or others at our address/using our email. Scratched our heads and then deleted it. We hope to travel to the US in December to visit our son, but no flights booked as yet. We're in wait (impatiently! ) and see mode at present.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

The email address it is sent from looks legitimate.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

I think its genuine. Looks like an ESTA you applied for in 2018 is running out.

I think (crazily) that even if you apply for a new one which you obviously have, the old one still can remain active?
steve30 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
The email address it is sent from looks legitimate.
Agreed. That link is fine. If you hovered over the link and it showed anything other than the link it purports to be, then I'd be concerned.

It's always good practise to hover over any links in emails to see if they're linking to somewhere that seems plausible (i.e. related to the same domain the email arrived from) or if it's complete bobbins, then steer clear - don't even click on it once, ever.

In this case, the link looks genuine.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List