Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Oct 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile Villa question I've never heard asked

I really like the idea of spending a florida holiday in a Villa, lots of space, pool etc ( as long as its in a close location to disney etc) especially now the onsite benefits are so diminished however DW is less keen as she says I don't go on holiday to make bed's etc and prefers a hotel type stay with daily housekeeping (although OKW is her favourite because of the space and facilities you get in a one bed)
Is there such a thing as a fully serviced villa where you stay in a villa but get daily housekeeping, just curious as I'm sure I've never heard of it but would think it would appeal to quite a few or is it just an odd thought from me ?

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Reading other posts you don’t even get daily housekeeping and bed making in the hotels anymore. There’s a good chance you would be making your own bed even in OKW.
That may change of course depending on when you are going.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We do spilt stays, few nights at Universal, few nights at Disney and then a villa. Takes 5 mins to put the covers over the beds, it's not done to home standards, but it looks tidy enough. The dishwasher gets used once every 3/4 days as we don't cook, just make some toast or a sandwich, and I do the washing if it needs doing. Nothing like I would at home where I work and try to keep the house going. It's much easier in the sunshine, it's worth it for the space.

Depending on who you book through, you can sometimes arrange with the owner/management company for a mid stay clean but will be at a cost, so you would need to speak to whoever you book through.

I don't know if you stayed somewhere like The Grove, with their apartments (which are huge), that they offer housekeeping services, so might be worth looking into.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024

Edited at 11:10 AM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our cleaners will do a mid stay clean but it costs around $120 as it’s a full clean as they would for a changeover rental
A daily service would cost at least $700 if not more for a 14 night stay
Some of the really huge villas now have a service but it’s mega bucks per week 2/3000 a week at least and it’s just a basic make beds tidy kitchen empty trash clean the bathrooms and replenish towels
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We do spilt stays, few nights at Universal, few nights at Disney and then a villa. Takes 5 mins to put the covers over the beds, it's not done to home standards, but it looks tidy enough. The dishwasher gets used once every 3/4 days as we don't cook, just make some toast or a sandwich, and I do the washing if it needs doing. Nothing like I would at home where I work and try to keep the house going. It's much easier in the sunshine, it's worth it for the space.

Depending on who you book through, you can sometimes arrange with the owner/management company for a mid stay clean but will be at a cost, so you would need to speak to whoever you book through.

I don't know if you stayed somewhere like The Grove, with their apartments (which are huge), that they offer housekeeping services, so might be worth looking into.
The Grove do every other day cleaning love it there. As mentioned, the three bedroom apartments we stayed in were huge and very clean
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Villas seem to keep themselves very easy to tidy..AC means no dust and dishwasher takes care all the crockery...
But we do offer a midstay clean if you prefer
Nice to come home to beds changed and bathrooms cleaned professionally
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Sounds like it’d be cheaper to bring an au pair

I’ve honestly never found the need as we tend to be poolside , asleep or out and about and ate out mostly so housekeeping was absolutely minimal. The privacy and exclusive pool use for us was far nicer than an apartment like the Grove but we all prioritise differently.
(Last trip I even got out of stripping the beds and a quick sweep through on checkout day as the kids and grandkids flight the night before was cancelled and I took them back to the airport the next morning for their new flights whilst husband did the housekeeping so we could head to the cruise port as soon as I got back )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I believe the Margaritaville cottages have daily maid service although this may have changed due to staffing issues and Covid. You certainly pay for it though and they are more like condos than big houses with private full sized pools.

As already mentioned very few hotels are doing full daily service at the minute anyway.
Old 17 Oct 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

There are normally 5 of us in a villa 3 adults and 2 adult teens.
We have breakfast in the villa, load the dishwasher and go out. Beds have duvets as at home, pull it over. We eat in for dinner most evenings, unless we are in the parks late then we eat there. We have a lot of pool time too. The villa never gets untidy cos you are out most of the day/evening.
Going home, this is what we do - make sure the bathrooms are clean, the bedrooms and lounge clean and tidy (beds used are stripped and all the laundry put in one place) this is requested by most villa owners, sweep or hoover as necessary. You are not looking at major housework, an hour or so after the packing is done, just leaving the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition. The luxury of having your own pool is a no brainer for me.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

We normally have a midstay clean as we stay 3 weeks. For me it’s money well spent and other than keeping the kitchen tidy I don’t have to bother with anything. When we leave I normally try to get 1 load of towels started for the cleaners, if not dried too.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List