Notices

Old 4 Dec 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

I read today that the government want to stop Nphet speaking and leaking to the press, I actually think that is a good move, we are all doing our best and don’t need the constant bombardment with Nphet members having their 5 minute of fame.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Definitely!
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree! At the beginning I think it was good to hear the background explanation and the science, but now we know. We don’t need the speculation and doomsaying beforehand
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
Imagineer

Any ideas what counts as a test.

I can go to the chemist and get an LFT but I don't really know what the paperwork looks like I presume I will get some notification on my phone. At least my wife will have her recovered from covid certificate on the phone.

Old 5 Dec 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post

I can go to the chemist and get an LFT but I don't really know what the paperwork looks like I presume I will get some notification on my phone. At least my wife will have her recovered from covid certificate on the phone.
It says professionally done Antigen test, I know here in Ireland you can get done at pharmacy, I think it needs to show your passport number
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post

Where are you flying from?

The test to return to Ireland can either be a LFT / Antigen test taken 48 hours or less before the flight OR a PCR test taken 72 hours or less before the flight.

The tests have to be professionally taken and you will need a Fit To Fly Cert. You can not do a home test like the free NHS tests or the cheap tests from Lidli or Mr Price.

You can not just go to a chemist and get a free LFT / Antigen test. It must be a LFT / Antigen test that is specifically for travel.

You will need to upload the Fit To Fly Cert to your airline, like how you upload the Covid Vaccine Cert.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Apprentice Imagineer

The information usually included on a Fit To Fly Cert
  • Type of test (PCR or LFT / antigen test)
  • Entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
  • Specimen collection date. A negative test result must show the specimen was collected within the specified time before the flight. A positive test result for documentation of recovery from COVID-19 must show the specimen was collected a specified time
  • Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
  • Test Result
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
VIP Dibber

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This is an interesting bit on the gov.ie website

"Travelling to Ireland from all other countries

There is no home quarantine requirement for passengers arriving to Ireland from other countries.

However, if a passenger arrives into Ireland without the required negative pre-departure test result are required to home quarantine and take a RT-PCR test within 36 hours of arrival. If no RT-PCR test is taken the passenger must remain in home quarantine for 10 days after arrival.

It is an offense not to comply with the testing and quarantine requirements"

Looks like you can travel without a test as long as you get a PCR within 36 hours. Can't see the likes of Ryanair letting you on without one though

It's all booked, now to just keep everything crossed
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
The information usually included on a Fit To Fly Cert
  • Type of test (PCR or LFT / antigen test)
  • Entity issuing the result (e.g. laboratory, healthcare entity, or telehealth service)
  • Specimen collection date. A negative test result must show the specimen was collected within the specified time before the flight. A positive test result for documentation of recovery from COVID-19 must show the specimen was collected a specified time
  • Information that identifies the person (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number)
  • Test Result
Thanks for this.

I notice our chemist is offering tests for 30€ each, it says the result will appear on the covidsafe app within a few hours.

I am presuming that will be enough as it's linked to our ID cards.

I don't understand this bit...

A positive test result for documentation of recovery from COVID-19 must show the specimen was collected a specified time
My wife is currently listed as positive she will go next Friday for a test to get out of quarantine. Does this mean she can use this to avoid testing again or if positive with LFT she can still fly as she has a recent recovery certificate.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Looks like you can travel without a test as long as you get a PCR within 36 hours. Can't see the likes of Ryanair letting you on without one though
They were saying they were working with airlines/ports to get them to check for these tests before boarding, but there will be those that don’t comply - more likely to be ones from outside Europe/smaller airlines I’d have thought. This is to cover people who haven’t been checked before they get on board - not those who are just traveling without the test
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List