Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Jan 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Just back off Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas!

Hi everyone, just got back from 7 nights on Oasis of the Seas, loved it, did first 7 nights at Universal Cabana Bay. See my highs and lows in the general chat forum, bit any questions please ask me
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Do you have a link to save me looking please? #LazyMare

Thanks
Joa
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Hi everyone, just got back on Monday from a one week stay at Cabana Bay and Universal and one week Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the Seas, here's my highs and lows:-

Highs

- Premier Inn Gatwick North, another great stay, great breakfast.
- Virgin flights, both ways in upper deck, exit rows. Cabin crew were so friendly and chatty, good entertainment, food and drink great.
- Cabana Bay amazing, we had a standard room which was fine, two double beds, tea/coffee, fridge, massive TV, nice bathroom. I requested rooms near our friends and near the lobby and buses and we were given rooms in the Americana building right next to lobby, Starbucks, buses etc, brilliant! Used the little side door nr the bus stop for easy access to rooms.
- Volcano Bay 5 min walk to private entrance, you can literally walk in your swimming stuff with bare feet!
- Cabana Bay food court was good for breakfast and dinner or snacks, just like a Disney food court.
- Uber amazing! Half the price of taxis, we went to I Drive for breakfast and dinner everyday, approx 7-8 dollars anywhere on I Drive, can't believe people use taxis. Never waited long for cars, sometimes instantly turned up!
- I Drive great for meals, Ihop, Denny's, Perkins, TGI's, Olive Garden, Village Inn etc.
- Went to KeKes for breakfast one morning, loved it, best waffle and fruit (Florida waffle), in a nice residential area called Dr Phillips.
- Queue times were minimal at Universal, we stayed on Jurassic Park as no queue, mostly waited 5-10 mins for others, longest queue was Kong 30 mins and Dr Dooms Fear Fall 40 mins. Single rider lines super quick! If you do single rider, generally get put on same ride. Great to see all new Harry Potter stuff, lots to see there, train both ways was fun.
- Universal shows are good, still love the make up horror show, so funny!
- Fast and Furious exit shop was open, v expensive though.
- Ant and Dec were filming Sat Night Takeaway when we were there, missed seeing them but met Scarlett Moffatt, she was v friendly and had a selfie!
- Volcano Bay amazing rides, Krakatau we stayed on as no-one there. Lazy river was great, made Disney waterparks seem really boring! Tapu Tapu worked great for lockers etc.
- Anthony's coal fired pizza was yum, all locals, no tourists, get uber there, nice and close, great Philly cheese steak pizza.
- Oasis of the Seas amazing cruise ship, so big but not many queues for anything, really quick embarkation and disembarkation.
- Great entertainment and food on cruise.
- Solarium adults only area great.
- Inside cabin great.
- St Maarten, Puerto Rico and Labadee, Haiti were good ports of call, interesting to see Hurricane Irma damage.
- Loved Kennedy Space Center again, Atlantis really interesting and new Challenger/Columbia exhibits emotional.
- Got close up look of launch site.
- Saw Falcon Heavy rocket ready for launch on launch site.
- Saw alligators, eagles, armadillos and dolphin at Kennedy.
- Great shopping at premium outlets I Drive, great prices at Disney Character Warehouse! Could have spent ages there, got some Halloween stuff and MK 45th anniversary stuff. Not much for my husband there, mainly female clothing. I brought loads and was very pleased with the total price at the till!

Lows

- Orlando International arrivals, go through automated system but then have to queue anyway for normal immigration! Stupid system!
- Orlando departures, big queues at security, everyone has to go through body scanner, I got searched and quite thoroughly which is fine but when hot and queuing for ages I just wanna get through!
- Cabana Bay bar prices v expensive.
- Cabana Bay lack of space in room to put suitcases.
- Harry Potter early entrance is only Islands of Adventure, not the Studios, we made the mistake of going to US at 8am and then had to walk across to IOA as couldn't get in!
- Some uber drivers are a bit chatty, not really a problem but we had a few funny drivers!
- Late take off at Gatwick due to lady taken ill on our flight, had an hour at the end of the runway!
- Main dining room on the cruise not as good as before, service not as good. Menu does get bit repetitive all week. Windjammer buffet is better for dinner.
- Always specify what alcohol you want in drinks on the cruise, we had drinks packages which worked really well. All the top drinks included.

I'm sure I will think of more which I will add, but any questions, let me know!

It was strange not going to Disney this time but we haven't been to Universal for five years so there was some new stuff. And we enjoyed Oasis of the Seas, can't go wrong with Royal Caribbean. Off to Disney in October!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you had a great time!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List