Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 13, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Cruising with a single teenager?

Thinking of taking our first Disney Cruise as our Silver WA present.
We want to take our DS and he will be 16/17, is there stuff to do for him he can go off and do and meet people his own age?
He is not shy and sociable but what are the clubs like for him? I am concerned those in the clubs will be in travel groups of their own and a bit closed in?
Any advice please, bit of an expensive trip to take a friend along
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 13, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

there will be plenty for him to do, for the most there are families travelling on board with you so you should get other kids on their own and then sets of brothers or a brother and a sis so if as you say he is a sociable chap then he will have no problems whatsoever with the clubs and pairing up with new friends

have you checked out the clubs btw, they differ slightly with each ship but they are so fab it almost make us grown ups wants to be teenagers again, especially the vibe on the dream

some pics and info in Bats wonderful sticky at the top of this section which everyone cruising with Disney has got to read and of course there's lots of videos out there to be found on places like you tube
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

When we cruised on the dream last month we had Paul's 17 yr old daughter with us. She too is quite sociable but I thought she'd hang with us most of the time. One afternoon she just disappeared and had ended up in the Vibe club... 1am she decided was a good time to come back to the room, and the same again the next night!

Vibe is right at the front of the ship, they have their own hot tubs and everything... I kinda wanted to be a teenager a little bit!
Old 7 Dec 13, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

I rarely see my two on cruises - dinner and thats about it! They love the clubs (they are 16 and 15).

Also, the American kids really seem to like English kids, think they like their "cute" accents! So my two ended up being really popular on every cruise they've done, despite the fact that at home, they're not, which was really nice for them. My son even had his first little romance and firsts kiss onboard this year (which he told me all about bless him!). He still talks to her now, as well as loads of the others.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 13, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone.
This is all really great, he is now looking forward to it and we showed him the clips suggested to us. He also loves swimming so he liked the look of it all, just as picking the ship is all but dates may do that for us.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 13, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

In my experience the single teenager will not be single by the end of the cruise.
Old 9 Dec 13, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

We are cruising next sept with our friends son 16 and our ds 17. Watch this space Last time we cruised we diddnt see our ds most of the cruise and always the last one back to the cabin from the kids club with us waiting to go to bed!
Old 10 Dec 13, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Our nephew (15 at the time) loved his first cruise. His mum forced him to go to the meet and it was there he realised the place wasn't full of geeks and nerds. He was an absolute hit with the US teens and still has a few as Facebook friends to this day.

He is now 23 and a teacher who tells all the children about his trips on Mickeys Boat!
Old 10 Dec 13, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

My 15 year old daughter loved the Vibe club, most nights did not come back to the room till about 3am! :rem: (the wave phone was a godsend so that we could check she was ok) but she loved it and met some lovely american teens who she still keeps in contact with on Facebook. My 14year old is more shy and went a couple of times but preferred to stay with us which was fine and there is so much to do if you don't do the clubs. so anything goes.
Old 12 Dec 13, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
In my experience the single teenager will not be single by the end of the cruise.
OMG
RAOTF!
Thank you!
Closed Thread