Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I think all companies now have to provide the receiving of texts free of charge, now sending that's a whole different (and potentially financial ruinous) kettle of fish
Interesting, I'll research if this is the case on Vodafone PAYG as my bank and cc occasionally send 'one time code' texts.
Old 16 Nov 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lazyleo
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jlo31 View Post
Just wondered to the OP what response have you had from revolut with regards chargebacks so far?
Hi there, I'm not any further forward to be honest. After a few days home I sent a clearly worded message on support asking where they were at with the chargebacks and when I could expect further updates. At the point they asked me to complete a chargeback form - so even knowing there was fraudulent activity to be acted on, having told me not to worry as they would attempt to charge them back from the merchants, no-one bothered to ask me to fill in the relevant forms to start the ball rolling until I started asking very specific questions.
I was told to expect a response after 5 working days, contacted them after 10 working days and still nothing; but someone will contact me soon apparantly...
I've got a claim ongoing with travel insurance but it took me some time to get the info they needed (especially from Revolut, but also from my phone provider because of identitify verification issues) so I've not heard back from them yet.
lazyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lazyleo View Post
Hi there, I'm not any further forward to be honest. After a few days home I sent a clearly worded message on support asking where they were at with the chargebacks and when I could expect further updates. At the point they asked me to complete a chargeback form - so even knowing there was fraudulent activity to be acted on, having told me not to worry as they would attempt to charge them back from the merchants, no-one bothered to ask me to fill in the relevant forms to start the ball rolling until I started asking very specific questions.
I was told to expect a response after 5 working days, contacted them after 10 working days and still nothing; but someone will contact me soon apparantly...
I've got a claim ongoing with travel insurance but it took me some time to get the info they needed (especially from Revolut, but also from my phone provider because of identitify verification issues) so I've not heard back from them yet.
Thanks for the update. I wish you a speedy resolution.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lazyleo
Proud to wear my Ears

I am pleased to say that today Revolut have 'as a an act of goodwill and in good faith' refunded me all of the fraudulent transactions. They asked me yesterday for a copy of the police report which I submitted, plus as I've said I had notified travel insurance as well. So I am unsure if they would have processed the claim without the Orange County police report where the officer clearly filed it as 'stolen', or if it was the involvement of the travel insurance or perhaps they would have done so anyway.
But if any of you find yourself in a similar position which I hope you never do, make sure you file that online police report. I'm just glad to have it resolved at last.
lazyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lazyleo View Post
I am pleased to say that today Revolut have 'as a an act of goodwill and in good faith' refunded me all of the fraudulent transactions. They asked me yesterday for a copy of the police report which I submitted, plus as I've said I had notified travel insurance as well. So I am unsure if they would have processed the claim without the Orange County police report where the officer clearly filed it as 'stolen', or if it was the involvement of the travel insurance or perhaps they would have done so anyway.
But if any of you find yourself in a similar position which I hope you never do, make sure you file that online police report. I'm just glad to have it resolved at last.
That's good news!
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

That's excellent news and such a relief for you as well.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great news
Old 19 Nov 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Quick tip, not sure if it's already been mentioned as I've just skimmed the middle pages of this threat. However, Revolut have a feature that lets you cap the monthly spend on your card and if you try and go over it the card will be declined.

I use this while away and just increase the monthly cap each day by what I'm planning to spend that day, plus a bit. So then my maximum exposure is potentially a couple of hundred dollars and not my entire balance.
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List