Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

The variant will be everywhere already anyway. All banning travel does is cripple the travel industry and make people depressed. It doesn't achieve diddly squat in terms of preventing a virus spreading.

All those saying they will cancel ... just wait for the announcement, its probably just an LFT a day before travel. I am in Florida at the moment and trust me, when you get here it will be worth all the stress and nonsense. The weather has been absolutely beautiful and nothing has changed. I haven't worn a mask once since leaving the airport, no social distancing at Universal, just felt normal and fabulous. All the restaurants have been fine too, certainly not as busy as I thought with all the staff shortages and have only waited once at Vivo in Citywalk for 20 minutes. Honestly, your troubles will drift away and you'll all have great times! This trip has done WONDERS for my mental health.

Edit- I did wear a mask once, at Disney Springs but only to go into the World of Disney and Zara and it was fine as you can remove it as soon as outside. Honestly, it feels the same to me as 2019 . If anyone wants to follow my Florida stories on Instagram its lyle19889. MrAndy comes from my middle name which is Andrew

Edited at 10:29 PM.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
This was me earlier today. Cancel your 16th one and then follow the original booking link from the email, there are loads available
Crisis averted, did what you suggested - cancelled the 16th and rebooked for the 17th. Weird how you can do that but can't reschedule for the 17th (wonder if it was trying to do something weird, like looking for availability with the same nurse)

Edited at 10:59 PM.
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by americanv8 View Post
Crisis averted, did what you suggested - cancelled the 16th and rebooked for the 17th. Weird how you can do that but can't reschedule for the 17th.
Excellent! Happy you sorted it - hopefully it’s just an LFT needed and at least we get some use from the tests we’ve all ordered!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They’ve found it in US now. May or may not influence them. It will be spreading all over US already.
Too onerous travel restrictions are pointless.
They were reporting some cases in the US before we left on Monday so sadly I’m not sure this will influence anything
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Oh ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ great. This may affect me tomorrow if they change it tomorrow. I hope it doesn't apply from tomorrow.
Highly unlikely to affect you; your countdown indicates your flight is around 9am tomorrow.
The press conferences usually happen after midday; even if held in the morning tomorrow, with the time difference, you’ll be halfway across the Atlantic!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SunbreezeFL View Post
They were reporting some cases in the US before we left on Monday so sadly I’m not sure this will influence anything
1st US case was confirmed earlier today in California
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Biden was asked as he was boarding a plane if he would treat Europe the way Trump did and do a blanket travel ban, he replied 'unlike Trump we don't shock our allies', which has to sound positive in some way.

You can hear him say it here, scroll down, but you will have to go to the Hated Daily Mail.

dailymail/news/art...use-panic.html

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

According to Bloomberg, the administration is not considering changing antigen for PCR-
bloomberg/news/artic...mnicron-threat
There’s mention of quarantine ‘for certain cases’. I’m just hoping that this does not mean over 12s with no vaccine. From a personal perspective my 14 year old has had two vaccines, has the NHS app but for under 16s they do not issue a Covid pass, and we called the airlines and they won’t accept a letter, GP record print out etc.
Old 2 Dec 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

maybe the certain cases means all unvaccinated?
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jo21977
Excited about Disney

Anyone else seen the briefing time of 1.40 ET today?