Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Apr 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We loved it spent half day there probably would have stayed longer but for the rain. If you don’t watch the shows you can probably do it in under 2 hours but the shows are brilliant.

I can understand how some people have an issue with some of the shows IMHO it’s nit as cruel as say seaworld or the dolph8ns that have natural light in a small tank in EPCOT yet most people still go to Disney
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s a half day out away from the crowds of Disney/Universal. The gift shop is great and prices are reasonable

If you don’t like Sea World then this isn’t for you as some performances involve animals
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoyed it myself, as did the kids. It’s a morning or afternoon activity
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
monkey14769
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We did wild Florida in the morning and gator land afternoon, something different away from the parks.
We enjoyed them but everyone to they own as we say.
Monkey
monkey14769 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think it's good to see the wildlife and enjoyed Gatorland. Not sure I would go again though.

KSC is 100 times better. More educational, great for kids if it doesn't teach them what hard work and imagination can achieve then nothing will. We often see gators during trip to Kennedy anyway.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lincoln2florida
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Really like gator land. Though previous poster is right it is only a half day park and there is no air con as everything is outdoors... the free refill drinks cups are a lifesaver and super cheap. One thing that I didn't like is how aggressive the birds are when they spot you with the meat for feeding the gators... You really have to be careful and if you have little kids probably doubly so... Laugh if you want but the birds are quite scary super bold and some are pretty large...
That being said I would say it's worth a look especially if you haven't been before
lincoln2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

We went years ago when my daughter was young and she enjoyed it and has never forgotten it. It's a good opportunity to see gators up close.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Libbyimo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post
I loved it and so did my kids. Been twice it was that good.

3 shows to watch (the chicken show is incredible) and plenty to look at too. You can do 3 hours or so

Nothing like Seaworld or KSC so hard to compare.

If you like gators then you will like Gatorland.

Good idea re the airboat - half a day each.
We were there with two 8 year old granddaughters and we all loved it ,more of a down home feel rather than the disneyfied feel of the big parks ,would say a good half day , we had free tickets from Orlando attractions ,
Libbyimo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Haven't been, was put off years ago by seeing a live advert for it on I-Drive where a big muscular bloke was dressed up like Crocodile Dundee pushing and shoving a big alligator about, winding it up, holding it down on the ground with its mouth taped up to get a reaction out of it. Not sure how cruel that was in reality but certainly didn't look nice. Poor alligator.

Seen wild ones up close in several places, I know it doesn't help those just staying in Orlando area but if anyone ever flies to Miami, take a drive across the Tamiami Trail. You are more or less guaranteed to see wild alligators along there, and will definitely see alligators up close at the Oasis Ranger Station there, and it's free.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
monique
Very Serious Dibber

I wouldn’t swap a Disney day for it but it’s a great way to kill a few hours. We’ve done it twice and will do it again on our next trip but on our last day before heading to the
airport. It will fill the afternoon nicely and will only take 15 minutes to get to the airport from there. Our daughter loved it when we took her, and is happy to do it again... though as someone pointed out, watch your fingers when you feed the alligators... a bird swooped down and snatched the food right out of her hands! Was a big bird too and nearly nipped her.

Edited at 05:49 PM.
monique is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List