Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 May 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Fantastic start really looking forward to the rest.
Old 1 May 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great start, the breakfast at HRH looks nice. I might book us in for it. Looking forward to the rest of your food.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Wow, can't believe you managed all that on day one!

I've always wanted to do the Kitchen breakfast but not managed it yet. It looks great.

Yum, love the Takiti Punch.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fab first day, you must have been shattered at the dvc party! I love the look of the breakfast buffet, yummy!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Loving your report! That was a lot of food!
Old 1 May 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loved the Kitchen when we stayed. Yum. Loving your cocktails as always!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fantastic start, can't wait to follow the rest of your blog. Wish I had the stamina to stay up until 11pm one the first full day! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Day 2

Another early start today although after our previous late night we slept a little longer. We drove out to IHOP for breakfast and were seated at about half 7 I think.

Our server was nice enough but he took the order from memory which is something that really annoys me. There's no prizes for not writing it down, get yourself a ruddy pen.

I went for my usual pancake combo with scrambled eggs, sausage and peach on my pancakes.

The peach topping was stingy as hell but I didn't bother saying anything.

I think Chris got a 2x2x2 with his eggs over easy, bacon (we swapped so we could have one each) and toast.

Chris had also ordered a fruit cup but, surprise surprise, our waiter Derren Brown had forgotten it. When we reminded him he looked pretty crushed and it was brought pretty quickly.

Funnily enough, I saw him at another table taking their order as we were leaving and he had a pad and pen

We did another morning crossing around IoA and Universal, taking in a soft opening of Fast and the Furious (spoiler - its utter rubbish). We managed to get on pretty much everything in the parks that we wanted to, as well as about 4 rides on Gringotts, which I love. The Express passes really are fantastic and would make a stay at HRH worth it even if it wasn't such a gorgeous hotel in it's own right.

On our way out of Universal I popped into the Beverley Hills Boulangerie (near the exit) to get my favourite ever sweet treat, the S'mores cupcake:

I shared this with Chris but I wish I hadn't! Its fairly small and it's not sickly like most cupcakes.

By lunchtime we were back at the hotel and revisited the Beach Club pool bar for a bite to eat. We shared the Philly Cheesesteak:

The above picture was half the dish, they had split it into separate plates for us so it was a really big portion! This was soooo good. It was ribeye steak, cheese sauce, onions and peppers. The bread was also delicious.

The chicken sandwich the day before was gorgeous but this was the winner, although it was messy as hell! Chris had the same beer as yesterday and I had a Fanta so not worth picturing

After another lazy afternoon at the pool we got freshened up and had a drink in the Velvet Lounge, which is off the lobby at the HRH. They have a happy hour on selected cocktails before 7pm, the discounted drink this evening was a Peach Cosmo:

Nom. The service in here was a bit slow and it was a little frustrating as we were sat right opposite the bar watching the bartender make drinks for people coming up to order. Irritating to have to tip the waiter when we should have just gone to the bar. We probably would have stayed for another but that had annoyed us so we got straight on the boat over to Citywalk. After a wander round we settled on Margaritaville, which was a first for us.

Chris got a beer and I had a 'Dont Stop the Carnival' - Margaritaville Silver Rum blended with strawberry, banana and mango purées:

Nothing was really grabbing me on the food menu so I went for a caesar salad, on the menu this came with cajun chicken but I asked to swap it for plain which was no problem:

This was fine, nothing to write home about but to be fair it is what it is. Chris had the shrimp scampi pasta:

He cleared his plate and really enjoyed it. I tried a bit and it was lovely. Service was good here, we had a good view of the restaurant from our table and I really liked the atmosphere and the mild shenanigans. I'd come here again but I'd order something different.

After that we decided to go a bit crazy and nip into Islands of Adventure to have another ride of Hulk and Dr Doom's Fear Fall in the dark. This is one of my favourite memories of the trip as it was quite spontaneous and I've never been in that park in the dark before. Dr Doom was amazing, the views were incredible and Hulk is a totally different experience at night. So glad we did this.

We had a slow walk back to the hotel via Citywalk, we had a look in Voodoo Doughnut and I was tempted to get one just for the sake of this report however even though they were very 'Insta-worthy' none of them looked particularly tasty so we decided to pass.

We got back to the resort at about half 9 and visited Emack and Bolio's, the Quick serve/grab and go place at HRH. This had had a total remodel since we were last there, all the seating had been ripped out, everything was in different places and there was a longer counter with a much bigger array of hot food, as well as the ice cream that was there before. I took a couple of pictures of the offerings although I didn't partake in anything:

Interesting to note that you can get a Lard Lad 'Big Pink' donut from here, might be useful info for someone:

Chris got a mint choc chip ice cream:

This was bigger than it looked!

We decided to call it a night and headed back to the room for a very deep sleep!

Thanks for reading everyone
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Another great day, ice cream looks delicious x
Old 2 May 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great report so far, I'm impressed with how much you have managed to eat so early in the holiday - it all looks very good.

Looking forward to reading more.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List