Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My daughter said the biology paper didn’t have much of the content in that they were expecting either. She did foundation paper but no carrots! She said she cried for about half an hour after with all the stress. She’s had two RE papers yesterday and last one tomorrow. I can’t believe how many exams there are. She’s done two BTECs so less exams than if she’d done all GCSEs too! She’s thankful of that!
Her schools not given them any study leave. Have others on here had it?
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

My ds had his higher human biology higher today, seemed to go ok, one left to go chemistry on Monday
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
My daughter said the biology paper didn’t have much of the content in that they were expecting either. She did foundation paper but no carrots! She said she cried for about half an hour after with all the stress. She’s had two RE papers yesterday and last one tomorrow. I can’t believe how many exams there are. She’s done two BTECs so less exams than if she’d done all GCSEs too! She’s thankful of that!
My daughters school doesn’t have study leave.
They obviously don’t have set lessons but they study in the lessons and the teachers are there for help, setting past papers and marking them.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lmjenk
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
Bless your DD I do feel for them with all this stress and pressure. Its a tough time.

My DD only finished school last Friday so not given long really and only some students have been granted full study leave, others have to go in for some subjects and others go in for all subjects with no study leave depending on their track record and mock results Im assuming . Luckily she has full study leave and it suits her as she likes the peace of being at home alone to get on with it but that is not for everyone obviously.

Good luck to all the kids and especially as they are the first guinea pigs for the whole back to 'exam based' GCSEs.
Apr 2016 1nt HRH, 14nt Virgin Villa, 3nt Disney Cruise
Aug 2019 Our first California Road Trip

Edited at 10:27 PM.
Lmjenk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida4
Imagineer

Florida4's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
My daughter had Biology today (eggs) said it was OK she's not looking forward to Chemistry Thursday. She has worked so hard. I can't even think about the amount she still has to do.

Good luck to everyone taking them this year such pressure be glad when they are done
Florida4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My daughter had biology today and said it was about potatoes. She said it was really hard and is now freaking out about chemistry on Thursday
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My son had biology today and said it wasn't what he was expecting,he said a lot of it was common sense,which he hasn't got a lot of so hope he's done ok 😂
No study leave at his school they finished on the Friday and exams started the following week. School has provided a lot of revision sessions,after school, weekends and during school holidays. They have sessions through next half term which he will be attending hopefully.
Old 15 May 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

My daughter sat the AQA biology exam today, she had the carrot question too. And questions about coronary heart disease, and lots of maths and calculations. She said the exam went really quick and she didn’t answer all the questions.
Chemistry on Thursday, then 8 exams next week and the rest after half term.
Roll on 19th June when it’ll all be over!
Good luck to all the kids sitting exams.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Lillie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Biology and French for DD2 today.

At her school they have to continue going in for lessons in all subjects until they have sat the exam - no study leave as we all know it. They almost didn't have a shirt signing day last Friday but thank fully good sense prevailed somewhere and shirts were all covered in sharpie pens but he end of the day!
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordielass64
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

My daughter had Biology today she had potatoes too something to do with osmosis. Her school have not had study leave, instead they are doing normal timetable around exams and booster lessons beforehand.
It's a nightmare! Roll on 19th June the last exam.
Geordielass64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List