Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jun 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

OKW - refurb progress

Can anyone there at the moment or just back able to update on which blocks the refurb is at?

Trying to look at a block (rather than room) request & would prefer a refurbed room for the improved sofa beds in the lounge for the 2 18yos. Have a 2 bed villa booked from 31st July.

Thanks

Alison x

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Currently the turtle pond area is sectioned off completely according to a post I’m following on disboards. I think they’re doing the pool area and those buildings. I’ve requested 42 as had that the last time and it was great but as it will be refurbed might be more demand.
Old 7 Jun 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

The Turtle Pond Road area looked like this last month (photo taken on 19th May) so impossible to say exactly what was being worked on.

Old 8 Jun 18, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

We left Old Key West last Saturday (2nd June). Buildings 41-44 were closed off and looked like they were being worked on, along with the turtle pond pool which is due to re open mid July.
Buildings 30-35, 45-48 and 53-56 are already completed.
As the turtle pond pool was closed, my priority was being near a pool rather than having a refurbished room, we were in building 54, right opposite south point pool which was perfect for us as my daughter was in the pool everyday, I’m glad now that we did have a refurbished room though as it was lovely, especially the bathrooms, which were starting to look very old when we were there 3 years ago.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow I'm amazed they boarded off the entire road- wasn't expecting that.
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mia1
VIP Dibber

Mia1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Currently the turtle pond area is sectioned off completely according to a post I’m following on disboards. I think they’re doing the pool area and those buildings. I’ve requested 42 as had that the last time and it was great but as it will be refurbed might be more demand.
That's the building I want! I have been told turtle pond area should all be done by August.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever"
Mia1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mia1 View Post
That's the building I want! I have been told turtle pond area should all be done by August.
I used touring plans last time and requested a millers road bills but got no where near so took 42 as it was available and it was great. Bet I get no where near this time!
Old 10 Jun 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mia1
VIP Dibber

Mia1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I used touring plans last time and requested a millers road bills but got no where near so took 42 as it was available and it was great. Bet I get no where near this time!
fingers crossed you get building 42 and theres a room in that block the night after for me too!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever"
Mia1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi not the entire road just the culdesac for the pool area and buildings 41. 44
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mia1 View Post
fingers crossed you get building 42 and theres a room in that block the night after for me too!
We actually have a night in tampa as we have a horrendous journey so must be checking in the same day. I have a feeling we’ll be up at stupid o’clock and knocking at reception by 6am! What villa do you have booked?