Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jun 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Cool Lucy & Toms Pregnant trip Detroit / Orlando Oct 17 Day 11, Posner, jocks and splitsville

Evening all, thanks to all those who have taken the time to comment so far. If your new and fancy checking out our previous days our index is here

Sorry today is pretty low on excitement as we had planned another lazy day as didn’t know how Lucy would be being pregnant and a late night at HNSSHP yesterday.

Not sure what time we got much but it wasn’t partially early. We did some washing and had a little tidy up.

We left just before 13:00 and had decided we’d pop down to Posner Point (intersection of I4 and US27) as Lucy wanted to look in Michaels and could continue the hunt in target for my brother tshirt.

As it was lunch time before we went into any shops we stopped for lunch at the Davenport Ale House grabbed a table outside and ordered, Lucy grabbed a salad and I had a wrap. Both were really good and although I can’t remember the price it was pretty cheap.

After that we popped into the various shops (still no target tshirt) before we left and headed up the I4 back to Disneysprings.

It was late in the afternoon by the time we got to DS and I was pretty much done with shopping.
While we were thinking about what to do we grabbed a drink at jocks hanger bar and watched the aquacars coming and going. One beer and one non alcoholic mocktail

We both really like jocks the outside terrace by the water has become one of our favourite places to hang out a kill some time.

While sitting there we had the idea to try out splitsville and go bowling something a little different and kills some time as didn’t want dinner yet.

We did however look at the menu and decided that the food looked pretty good so when we checked in for bowling we asked for a table after we’d finished. We were both in flip flops so brought some funky socks and got showed to our lane!

We ordered a couple of drinks (freestyle coke cups) and got stuck into our hour of knocking down pins. A waiter did some as ask if we wanted to order food to our lane but as only 2 of us felt it tricky to eat and bowl plus I’m not sure if pizza and bowling at same time is a great idea putting sticky fingers into a bowling ball.

Anyway lucy won the first game and technically her score beat me in the 2nd game but I’d got a ball still to play so I’d have probably won. Well that was what I’d put in my notes but looking at the photo it seems I won the first game.

After we’d finished we asked for our table but the guy on the desk said it would be about 50min as they hadn’t put our name down. 😡 we’ve just played an hour of bowling so save this! But there was some space at the bar so we sat there and ordered.
Lucy fancied the Hawaiian pizza while I went for the sticky chicken and rice.

We were both very impressed the food was ace and we will definitely go back.

On way out a grabbed a sticker for my garage door and a can koozie (if you’ve read my other report you’ll see they are both something I collect when going to different places)

After this we headed back out of DS and headed home just before 10.

I had a beer and watched bit of tv before heading to bed

Takes if you’ve got this far on a pretty slow dull day.

Tomorrow if a bit more exciting.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loved splitsville.think their food is very underrated!
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

A lovely relaxing day. I would like to do different things this trip and Splitsville is on the list.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love those pictures from lunchtime, you've captured them so well you can't even tell it's Disney Springs, it looks like somewhere down the coast.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Loved splitsville.think their food is very underrated!
Totally agree it was one of our best meals this trip, and completely unexpected

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
A lovely relaxing day. I would like to do different things this trip and Splitsville is on the list.
I’d recommend it for an evening definitely one for to todo list. We’ve booked again for this year.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love those pictures from lunchtime, you've captured them so well you can't even tell it's Disney Springs, it looks like somewhere down the coast.
Thanks it was a great afternoon just chilling by the water.

Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were in DS at Christmas last year and it was overwhelmingly busy. It is so nice to see your pics, it looks really relaxing at the Hangar bar and splitsville looks fab. We love going bowling and that food looks delicious. Another great day.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I've now added Splitsville to my "want to do next time" list...thanks!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
We were in DS at Christmas last year and it was overwhelmingly busy. It is so nice to see your pics, it looks really relaxing at the Hangar bar and splitsville looks fab. We love going bowling and that food looks delicious. Another great day.
I can’t imagine what it would be like at Christmas. Jocks is a great place to relax especially overlooking the water.

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I've now added Splitsville to my "want to do next time" list...thanks!
Im so glad I’ve already got our splitsville ADR for August feel that if I keep saying now good it is it’s going to be fully booked