Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jun 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuzzball
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Tolls from MCO

Hi, we are flying DUB - MCO next Saturday 😃😃. Our villa is on US27 and was wondering if the tolls on the way need exact change as we will only have notes or should we buy something in the airport to have some change? You can tell I am now at the point of overthinking everything!
TIA
Fuzzball is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

As long as you have a $20 bill just ask for change at the first toll and you will be fine
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You're not overthinking and I guess this or a very similar question is asked weekly.

First of all do you know where on the US27 your villa is? It's a very very long highway. Assuming it's somewhere in the Davenport area I would suggest leaving MCO on the 417 south exit. Don't worry about getting change at the airport. This is the first toll plaza. Keep right and give the attendant no more than a $20 bill and ask for change.

Depends on where you're going but I'll assume you might want to leave at J2 on to Celebration Avenue on to US192 west. If so there'll be another plaza as above. Both manned and $1.50.

If you leave at j2 then you go through this unmanned toll and you'll need $1 in quarters to throw in the basket.

Or of course use Sunpass but that's a whole separate debate

Mick
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuzzball View Post
Hi, we are flying DUB - MCO next Saturday 😃😃. Our villa is on US27 and was wondering if the tolls on the way need exact change as we will only have notes or should we buy something in the airport to have some change? You can tell I am now at the point of overthinking everything!
TIA
After arrival at MCO I take the 417 to our friends home off the 27 as the first two tolls are manned. My suggestion, hand the agent $10 or $20 at the toll you hit just after joining the 417 and ask them for enough change for the next manned toll [$1.50] plus 75c for the unmanned (if you exit at Celebration).
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
After arrival at MCO I take the 417 to our friends home off the 27 as the first two tolls are manned. My suggestion, hand the agent $10 or $20 at the toll you hit just after joining the 417 and ask them for enough change for the next manned toll [$1.50] plus 75c for the unmanned (if you exit at Celebration).
Keep up bonny lass. Exit at j2 is now a whole dollar.

Gadgey Mick
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Gadgey Mick - as always good advice. For Fuzz can you remind me whether, for car pick up, it's A or B that puts you on that side of the airport so they drive straight south for the 417 rather than loop around the airport. I think it's B, but...
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Gadgey Mick - as always good advice. For Fuzz can you remind me whether, for car pick up, it's A or B that puts you on that side of the airport so they drive straight south for the 417 rather than loop around the airport. I think it's B, but...
Chris

All UK direct flights land at gates 70-99 on monorail 4 side B. If you don't do the courtesy baggage transfer (which we never do) you come off the monorail bear leftish and straight down to garage B.

If you do CBT with VS your luggage is sent over to side A so then you might be quicker dropping down to garage A

Fuzzball - sorry I don't know which side your flight will land. I wasn't being sarcastic about your location by the way but US27 runs from Leesburg to Miami - about 290 miles.

Mick

Edited at 07:13 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Also at the unmanned gate put your coins in one at a time, if you throw them in all at once , they sometimes don't all register
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Depends on where you're going but I'll assume you might want to leave at J2 on to Celebration Avenue on to US192 west. If so there'll be another plaza as above. Both manned and $1.50.

If you leave at j2 then you go through this unmanned toll and you'll need $1 in quarters to throw in the basket.

Or of course use Sunpass but that's a whole separate debate

Mick
Gadgey, I won't apologise for second guessing you as you deserve it Seriously Gadgey, unless I'm misreading you're wording, I believe it's 75c for the unmanned Celebration toll, that's what I paid when we left our pals to go back to the airport in May. Just to compound what you say, the first manned toll is just after you've joined the 417 [from the airport], the second is about 7 miles or so further on, yes?

The first time we used the 417 to head straight down to the island your photo was a help, that was afore one filtered straight onto the 417 as is now the case which makes it easier still. We're going into RSW again this winter Gadgey, so we'll avoid the joyful Orlando area traffic
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Keep up bonny lass. Exit at j2 is now a whole dollar.

Gadgey Mick
Oiii, keep up indeed, you know the rules, I get to insult you (well try anyway) Gadgey. According to the toll calculator (yeah, I know, might be out of date), it remains 75c (total $3.75 tolls), but to be sure I'd go with your advice of having 4 quarters at the ready, just in case.

I second Rob, put the quarters in one at a time - it's not unknown for those machines to jam.