Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 18 Dec 11, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Disney Pop Century

Does anyone know anything about the standard Family plan rooms available in Disney Pop Century.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

if they are anything like disney movies, they are like motel blocks with the long concrete balcony outside and the blocks 3 or so stories high. you get one small room with two x double beds and a tiny wash room at the back. everything is gaudy, particularly the bedding and i cannot really recommend much.. or even anything. ice was available at the end of the block and this we kept in the sink in order to cool the milk we had bought. The food was turgid and unpleasant whilst being very over priced in the restaurant. I can honestly say that i would never ever stay again. If you want budget, you can stay in far far better hotels in lake bv or i drive whilst having good, free shuttle services into the parks. You will also save a lot of money whilst enjoying a better standard of accommodation and eating great, well priced food in the nearby restaurants. As you will note below, we have only ever stayed on site the once and have never gone back. Sorry to sound negative, but i am at least honest. i would however recommend any of the other places that i have stayed at, particularly a night in the hard rock if you can budget for it!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:58 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Well, I didn't love Pop Century but it was perhaps not as bad as all that.

I am a little confused by your statement 'family plan rooms', POP has normal 2 double bedded rooms. One of the All Stars do Family Suites which are the size of 2 hotel rooms (and double the price)

We have only spent one night at POP, and I will say I felt the room was quite small, however, I didn't detest it as much as the previous poster. And I like to be onsite, so that would always be my preference.

The rooms have 2 beds, a small table and chairs, a dresser and a telly.

The decor is different in each block depending on the 'era', we were in the 50s and I thought it was a bit bland to be honest.

It's not my favourite resort but I'd stay there over being at the top of I-drive, as we like to be in the middle of Disney, however, if your budget would stretch to a moderate then that would be my preference, especially if you can qualify for free dining.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rso123
Excited about Disney

rso123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I think POP is great and would stay there at any time. While not huge, the rooms hold 2 double beds and there is some extra space. The bathroom is compact but has a bath and a toilet in and that is all you need. There is however, a reasonable size vanity area next to the bathroom with the sink and a hanging area and shelf. For the money you pay I don't think you can beat the value of staying on site.
The food court is great with a huge choice of meals. It is not gourmet but it is decent food at a reasonable price (for Disney).
The bus service is great as is ME from the airport.
The CMs are wonderful and can't do enough for you to make your stay better.
If you need any more info just ask and I'll be happy to help.
rso123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 11, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I much prefer the POP to the All Stars, although rooms in both were more than big enough for the three of us and spotlessly clean.
I would definitely stay there again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 11, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

We've stay at POP twice now and again this time, we find it to be very clean and tidy. Agreed the rooms are very small if you have a family of four, but for 2 people, its very good value for money for on-site Disney resort. I wouldn't compare this to ALL Star resorts as POP was build much later and better I think.

But there are no family plan rooms as mentioned by previous poster, only standard room with 2 double beds. You can see the floor layout if you do a google for POP room layout to get an idea.
Old 25 Dec 11, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
br196

We stayed at Pop once, and would not go back. It was really just like a cheap motel, with outside walkways. The rooms were OK, but our air con was very noisy. As was the pool outside. The food court was mad, especially around breakfast time. It really depends what you like. If you don't mind fairly basic, busy and noisy, then it will be fine. You do get the benefits of Disney - EMH, airport transport etc.
Old 25 Dec 11, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Our first holiday was spent at the Pop Century and the only negative thing I have to say is that I would have preferred a fridge in our room. I thought it was more than adequate for a first visit to Disney. We even paid a visit to the hotel when we were on our second holiday at AKL for old times sake.
Old 26 Dec 11, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Strange isn't it? Cornishfrogboy hated ASMo, yet it was our favourite of all the budget hotels we have stayed at (ASMo, ASMu and Pop). Yes, they are very motel like, the decor is very bright (gaudy if you prefer) but it's Disney, and that is what it is all about for me. But he has recommended LBV and I-drive, and whilst i agree LBV is pleasant enough I find I-drive incredibly tacky. I guess if we all liked the same thing we wouldn't be able to get it booked!

Despite the hotels being pretty much the same I didn't care for Pop at all. I thought it was too big and too busy and the theming to me wasn't as 'Disneyfied' as the AS resorts (especially Movies). The longest we have stayed in these resorts is 7 days and then had the rest of our holiday off-site as I feel this gives us the best of both worlds, total immersion for a week and then variety for the remainder.

Each to their own.
Old 26 Dec 11, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread