Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 11, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SyR
Serious Dibber

Just add there is a charge for the laundry, my above post is worded badly.

Anyway good luck with whatever you decide!
SyR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 11, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
It was on Monarch's website site (hotels only) ... Have had loads of bargains on there over the years
Duh! never thought to look on Monarch - and I was on it constantly for flight prices a couple of months ago
Now I'm slightly confused. Monarch have Embassy suites for £415- the cheapest I can get it on Embassys website is around £800 if I choose the cheapest king room. Monarch mention double beds in the list of room amenities, but not on the booking form - I'm worried that I'll book, and find on arrival I have a king bed. Really don't fancy sharing with 2 teens and they won't want the sofa bed.
Monarch also say Hyatt place ( my 'almost' choice above ) has a laundrette, but on Hyatt's website it's not mentioned, so I'm not sure I can believe what Monarch say.
BUT, Monarch do have a 2 bedroomed suite at Staybridge, which was in with my first choices for £647, which is only just over budget. So, now do I take a chance on getting double beds at Embassy for £415, book the Extended Stay for less than £300, or go for the Staybridge and know I'm getting what I want.Hmmmm, my head is aching again
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 11, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Have now narrowed it down to Embassy Suites Jamaican ct £444 with Complete Orlando - but they can only request 2 beds, not guarantee them. Extended Stay Deluxe Pointe Orlando about £380 booked direct - but I can choose what I get, or £207 booked through Monarch which seems too cheap to be true - can't help being suspicious.
Will probably go with ESD, but Embassy was in my top 2 so can't help being tempted.
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 11, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Don't worry about booking with Monarch, we booked our whole stay last October and also the Hilton at Clearwater in august, the prices were ridiculously cheap but we had no problems whatsoever... do let us know when you decide where you're staying
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 11, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
do let us know when you decide where you're staying

That could be some time even though I've now narrowed it down to two, I'm still going back and forth .The only thing that worries me with Monarch and the other agents that offer the cheaper prices, is that there is no way of booking a certain room - on the Embassy site the cheapest rooms are all King rooms, you pay extra for 2 doubles. With Monarchs' rates being so cheap I'm assuming, maybe wrongly, that we'll automatically be given a king room.
Old 15 Oct 11, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
id book extended stay. free breakfast helps save a few pennies.

When i have booked in the past i have contacted the hotel direct by email nearer the time of travel with my booking ref explaining which company it is booked through and have asked for certain room requirements, low floor, two doubles etc and they have usually been able to accomodate. On extended stays website there is no difference in price for doubles or king.
Old 15 Oct 11, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
We stayed somewhere that didn't have a guest laundry - we went to another hotel one eve. and used theres. A bit cheeky, but u do pay for it, u can have a drink at the bar etc. so they do get a bit of business over it.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 11, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Well I've read through endless hotel reviews and decided I'll book ESD.
Old 15 Oct 11, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wards
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
My 1st and 2nd choices ( Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites) are now out of my budget ( due to me blowing it on RPR club level) so I have made a short list of accommodation on I Drive that almost meets my needs and meets my budget - but on each I have to compromise on something, and I just can't decide. Help !

These are my choices

Hampton Inn Universal Boulevard ( behind Homewood)- this ticks every box except it's not a suite - 2 adults and 2 teens in one room , hmm, we like to have a seperate bedroom as DH likes to stay up late watching tv. Also having a fridge seems to be hit and miss.

Hampton Inn and Suites I drive north (7448 I drive) -this ticks most boxes except location - we prefer the quieter end of I drive.

Hyatt Place 8741 I Drive - almost perfect, almost booked last night, but it doesn't have a guest laundry and we like to travel light and wash clothes to wear again .

What do you think ? or is there somewhere I haven't considered ?
it must have

breakfast included
2 double beds
prefer suite or at least a seperate sitting area
kitchenette or at least a fridge in room
laundry
walking distance to restaurants
and be £80 a night or less

Don't want much do I ?
We stayed at Hyatt Place Convention Centre last Easter for 17 nights. There are 3 of us with DD15. My DH also likes to stay up and watch TV.Having previously stayed in a villa we were apprehensive about the space but it was absolutely fine. The rooms are huge and although have 2 doubles in them we converted the sofa in the living area (semi-partitioned off) and my DD used that. Downsides are lack of wardrobe space (we bought a $10 hanging rail from Target and parked it in the kitchen area for the duration) and a small bathroom ( the sink is outside the bathroom though in the bedroom space so easier to get ready). The pool is small although was fine for us and you can use the laundry facilities of the extended stay hotel next door which we did a couple of times and it was no hassle.
Can definitely recommend the hotel and would stay there again. Great location, easy walk to Pointe but quiet being off the Drive. Free wifi too. In fact we stayed a night at RPR on that holiday and preferred the Hyatt. Any questions just ask
Old 15 Oct 11, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wards
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
Well I've read through endless hotel reviews and decided I'll book ESD.
We used Extended Stay for the laundry facilities and I would check tripadvisor reviews to see what its like. Centainly the public areas were nowhere near as nice as the Hyatt Place and I was glad we hadn't booked it as it had been a contender.