Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 20 Dec 11, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

SSR & OKW is the discount coming back with free DDP?

Hiya
Thankfully we booked to go back to SSR before the end of November when Disney were offering the discount on the rooms and the free dining.

We only booked a studio room, but were thinking if finances allowed we'd upgrade to a one bed villa. I've just been on to check how much the upgrade would be and I nearly fell off my chair!

I now realise we got an absolute bargain with our 18 nights there when we booked in November! The total for our whole holiday including fligts and tickets only cost £200 more than if we had booked JUST the accomodation now!

I'm just wondering as they've brought back the free dining, if anyone had any inside knowlege as to whether they'll bring back the discount on these resorts?

Thanks!
Claire

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 11, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

There is a 30% discount on the accommodation - When I booked it - its was 45%
My room/ park tickets would cost £2200 more now if I was to book it !
Flights are seperate, as room booked for 4 people, but DH only joining us for 1 week of the 21 night hols (good old Olympics ! ) - so we are having to book flights independantly..
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 11, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

Wow, I would hate to see how much it would cost at full price, if it's 30% discount now!

To book a studio at the prices now would have cost us virtually an extra £1000 and to upgrade to a one bed villa will cost £2200!

I think we'll be sticking with the studio room at those prices, I'm SO glad we booked when we did!

excitedbunny79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 11, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We go on the 13th April so I'm thrilled they've added free dining for late April, but I was dismayed the SSR discount isn't there now.

We've gone with POFQ and the full dining upgrade but would have loved to try SSR.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 11, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
Wow, I would hate to see how much it would cost at full price, if it's 30% discount now!

To book a studio at the prices now would have cost us virtually an extra £1000 and to upgrade to a one bed villa will cost £2200!

I think we'll be sticking with the studio room at those prices, I'm SO glad we booked when we did!
So am I !
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 11, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
excitedbunny79
Imagineer

It certainly makes you realise why DVC can work out so beneficial and why when we did the tour at SSR the lady who showed us around couldn't get her head around how little we'd paid for our room! I think we've had it very, very good for the last couple of years!

Old 20 Dec 11, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

It is such a pity that particular offer is gone. I suppose 30% is still better than nothing, with free DDP thrown in for good measure However prices do still feel quite expensive. Looking at our finances, i think we'd have to stick with the moderate for me, however trying to decide which one is hard as prices are the same. CS, CB, POR, POFQ
Just cant decide.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 11, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread