Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 May 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree that at Disney you have to wait in a queue if you don't have a fast pass but at Universal you have to buy your Express pass on top of your ticket and they're certainly not cheap! 😩

Edited at 01:12 PM. Reason: Didn't make sense!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

I'd be tempted to buy the fast pass for VB as I know it will be packed when we go, but I'm not sure how much they are and prices I've seen posted by others who seen info on other forums, estimate them about $80 each for peak 😥😳

That's crazy for a family of 4. We've already booked a night at Universal for the express pass for the theme parks. 😬
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Is the Park completely cash less? Do you have to pay for food and drinks etc with your card.
It's getting to be an expensive day $20 to park, $15 for a locker
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Anybody?
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
Just been reading this thread about wait times from 200-300 minutes.

Does anyone know, or can explain how this new system works and what is going to happen?

I know you tap into a ride with your band, so lets say you approach a ride with a 300 minute wait, does that mean you stand in line this long, or tap in and come back 300 minutes later, therefore no waiting?

We are going this year, and with it being new just wanted some tips/advice as to what we have to do when we get there and how it all works?

Thanks everybody!
You tap in to the ride if it says 300 minutes wait time youthen go off and do as you like your TapuTapu wristband/watch shows your wait time and counts down or up as some have reported.
When it is time for you to ride you make your way to the ride/slide.

Your Tapu Tapu wristband can only hold one ride at a time so after you have had your first rude you can then go tap into your next ride.

If you try to tap in to a ride before you have had your first ride it will ask if you want to cancel your already queued ride.

There is as you say no waiting in a real line but you wait in a virtual line.

It has also been said that if the ride has down time your Tapu Tapu is set to delete your ride wait choice, so you could wait 200 minutes then the ride goes down and you loose your place in that queue.
Old 28 May 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
Is the Park completely cash less? Do you have to pay for food and drinks etc with your card.
It's getting to be an expensive day $20 to park, $15 for a locker
Not sure if you can pay cash for food/drink but for your locker it says you have to link your card and payment is taken when you open the locker, you can link one more Tapu Tapu to your paid locker.
Old 28 May 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

But the express pass works on all non Potter rides whereas you are limited to 3 FP then hoping there is more left after you've used those. Also if you don't go during peak season you don't need the express passes at Universal whereas Disney always seems to be busy.

I'm not knocking Disney here I really like the way they handle FP I just don't think there's a real comparison between FP and Express especially if you stay at one of the hotels that offer free Express because it then becomes the best perk offered at any hotel in Orlando.

To bring it back on topic I doubt you'll need express at Volcano Bay once they iron out the kinks with the Tapu Tapu system, obviously they should have done some sort of soft opening maybe with hotel guests or AP holders but for now they seem to be learning on the go.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

TapuTapu
Here’s how to set up TapTu Pay:
1. Download/Open The Official Universal Orlando Resort™ App on your phone.
2. Tap the WALLET ICON in the lower right corner (or from the main menu) and set up an account.
3. Enter your Credit Card information. Just follow the prompts.
4. Link your travel party’s Volcano Bay tickets. Scan the barcodes or enter the numbers.
5. Create the PIN your entire party will use when they TapTu Pay.
6. Return your TapuTapu when you leave the park and all personal information will be unlinked.

What happens when things go wrong and they do not unlink your credit card, and the next person then charges everything to your card ?

At least with Disney Magic Band you do not have this worry as you keep it.
Old 28 May 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
TapuTapu
Here’s how to set up TapTu Pay:
1. Download/Open The Official Universal Orlando Resort™ App on your phone.
2. Tap the WALLET ICON in the lower right corner (or from the main menu) and set up an account.
3. Enter your Credit Card information. Just follow the prompts.
4. Link your travel party’s Volcano Bay tickets. Scan the barcodes or enter the numbers.
5. Create the PIN your entire party will use when they TapTu Pay.
6. Return your TapuTapu when you leave the park and all personal information will be unlinked.

What happens when things go wrong and they do not unlink your credit card, and the next person then charges everything to your card ?

At least with Disney Magic Band you do not have this worry as you keep it.
I don't really want to link my credit card either.
Was going to use my credit card for absolute emergencies.
We've got a mixture of cash and pre-paid card.
Don't want to link the pre-paid card either because if money went missing off that it would be even worse.

Is there a way of renting lockers etc using cash?
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scooobydooo View Post
I agree that at Disney you have to wait in a queue if you don't have a fast pass but at Universal you have to buy your Express pass on top of your ticket and they're certainly not cheap! 😩
agreed, but let's see this from another point of view

you can get Universal 2017, 14 days, 3 park tickets for £230 (rounded)

a 14 days WDW ticket will hit you for £370

yes, there are more parks at WDW but you can't be in 4 parks at the same time, can you ?

We could argue that we're paying a good £150 for the privilege of getting 3 *free* fastpasses per day.

(I know the maths is flawed and there are perks like crazy golf, memory maker and stuff, but that's just a way to say that, FP might be free, but we pay more to get them)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List