Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
One of our cockers has always been a puller.
The harness we got him made it easier for him to drag us along as he was able to 'put his back into it'

The only thing that works on him is the Halti.
He hates it though, whenever we stop he paws at it and tries his darndest to get it off! He never learns, wearing one for years but still always having another shot at it, just in case!

It's a pleasure to walk him with it on though. Such a difference. And as a consequence he goes out a lot more than he ever would without it, so win-win
This is just like Poppy! When DH takes her out he doesn’t use the head collar as can handle her. When I go out with him she seems to get excited and pulls more so he does use the head collar. For the first 10 minutes she keeps trying to take it off so DH feels sorry for her and tells her he will give her a chance and will take it off and not to pull. 2 seconds later she is off pulling again so back on it goes! For an intelligent dog she’s a bit thick when it come to working that out!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Tried every harness going with my cocker spaniel, he’s almost 9 now ans wears a martingale thick collar now.

Tried the halti and he just wouldn’t budge with it in lol.
The best harness was the walkeeze it connected at the side going across his chest.
Agree that harness with beck fastening just give the dogs more power, think husky’s pulling sleds 😳

We do use the k9 now for travelling etc .
Old 12 Jan 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I use dogmatics for my lab and cocker. The lab pulls like a freight train and loves everyone but it a complete dream on the dogmatic. The wee one, she pulls too and when she just has her collar on she sounds like shes throttling herself. She walks really well on the dogmatic... she does like to try and get it off a fair bit but we just correct her and she forgets after a while. I walk them both on my own or with the kids a lot and with dogmatics I feel confident that I have full control. They're both brilliant, friendly dogs but I can be nervous so it makes me far more confident.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List