Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Honeymoon to Disney June 2018!

Hi.
My fiancée and I are planning our honeymoon and will be flying in to Orlando from the Bahamas for our second week.
I am struggling with all the options, prices and suggestions for how to make the most of our trip but also get best value for money.
Firstly my fiancée has suggested staying at Port Orleans Riverside, we won't be hiring a car or anything and want to be on resort. Thoughts on this hotel choice?
Then there are the rooms - rooms with 3 beds seem to cost the same or cheaper than a standard king - we obviously only need one bed but could they be in different parts of hotel where children are more 'prevalent'?
Through the main Disney holidays site for the UK, the room for a week plus passes brings the price to 2500 with free quick service dining plan although a colleague suggested upgrading that to the plan up which includes a table service meal, which would be an extra £200... Is that really worth doing?
We do want to eat at Cinderellas Royal Table too.
It seems to be an ok deal in total as also includes fast passes, memory maker, plus some other extras like $100 spending. What I don't want to do is;
A) spend too much time worrying / shopping around if actually this is what I should expect to pay
B) commit to 'stuff' that we don't end up using or spend our whole time working to a strict plan that it takes the enjoyment out of it (although maybe good planning is the key to enjoying it the most?)
C) ruin my first experience of Disney and our honeymoon by making bad choices.

So thank you for taking the time to read all this and if you have some useful input, I'll look forward to reading!

Edited at 09:21 PM. Reason: Corrected year of honeymoon...oops
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

PS... Understanding the amount of acronyms here is as challenging as booking the holiday in the first place! Haha

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi! what a great place to have a honeymoon! we got married at Disney and stayed on for our honeymoon, you will have a fab time.

if you only have a week in disney i would definitely recommend staying onsite as it will mean you are close to the parks and can use the bus system to get around.
Port Orleans riverside is a very popular resort, the grounds are beautiful and the boat to disney springs at night allows lots of different shopping and dining options. You can also do horse and carriage rides which could be lovely as a romantic treat!

Port Orleans french quarter is the sister resort of riverside, it has a new orleans theme and is a much smaller resort - some people say that riverside is too large! i haven't stayed at either but we have booked french quarter for next year as we have visited before and loved it!

i would also upgrade to the dining plan! it will give you lots of opportunities to dine out in lovely restaurants and have great food!

i would suggest that a plan really is key to having a great time, although it doesn't have to be to the hour. Dining reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance and fast passes [to help beat the ride queues] can be booked 60 days in advance. I would suggest getting a rough plan together to visit a park in the morning with fast passes, an evening dinner booked and then leave the afternoons free for relaxing and exploring!
Old 25 Sep 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Maze_Dazrol
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

No advice but you might want to change the thread title to 2018 haha
Maze_Dazrol is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Maze_Dazrol View Post
No advice but you might want to change the thread title to 2018 haha
Just realised that when I saw email notification of reply! Oops! Thank you
Old 25 Sep 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
Hi! what a great place to have a honeymoon! we got married at Disney and stayed on for our honeymoon, you will have a fab time.
Thank you and thanks for advice above.
Apparently this is my 'chance to shine' in this wedding and as my fiancee is such a big Disney fan I don't want to let her down as much as anything
My only plan is Epcot on last day as we don't fly until nearly 8pm and closest to POR I think so thought that would suit day out and easy transfer to airport.
Unfortunately we don't get to Orlando until about 7pm on the 14th so that will likely be a quiet eve ready to hit it hard on the 15th.
Old 26 Sep 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at POR for our honeymoon and really enjoyed it. It wasn't our favourite Disney resort but given our beloved CBR is under renovation, POR was a good choice. Make sure you let Disney know you're on your honeymoon so you can get 'Happily Ever After' badges. We were also upgraded to a River View👍🏻

I would definitely go for the dining plan so you can dine at some beautiful restaurants! You could even pay for CRT with those credits 😬 And again, tell the restaurants you're on honeymoon - we got some free Fizz!

With regard to booking, go either Disney with cashback or get a quote from Orlando Attractions.

Have a fab time!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
With regard to booking, go either Disney with cashback or get a quote from Orlando Attractions.
Thanks Tracey. I was just going to go ahead and book with the main Disney site as never think about cashback. Hadn't heard of Orlando attractions either but after catching another thread on here that coincidentally mentioned them too I now have sent them an enquiry. Anything I can save will be put back in to Disney anyway, such as the savor the savanna tour or suchlike.
Old 28 Sep 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

And we are booked! OA had a saving of £160 which is nothing to be sniffed at and virtually pays for our qsdp to ddp upgrade!
For again for the tip ☺️