Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Mar 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Student accommodation

Does anyone know if students are entitled to any help to pay there student accommodation?
My daughter has returned home and has a contract until July.
We have emailed uni etc.. but still waiting on a reply.
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We packed up DD’s uni flat on Saturday.

The accommodation team have indicated that they are looking at releasing them from their contracts early, so fingers crossed.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
We packed up DD’s uni flat on Saturday.

The accommodation team have indicated that they are looking at releasing them from their contracts early, so fingers crossed.
wow that would be amazing news, my daughter is staying at X1 lettings.
Just noticed our countdown's are around the same time! Fingers crossed we will get to go to our happy place in august 🤞

Edited at 07:12 PM.
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it may be uni or even accommodation- specific. My DD is at Manchester met and there’s no sign that her 3rd term accommodation fees will be waived by her halls.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Our daughter still has a lot of belongings at her accommodation and we aren’t planning on going to get them at the moment as it’s non necessary travel.

I don’t think they would be offering a reduction in rent as the contract is until the end of the year. I believe the student loan will still be paid to the students as they are receiving online lectures, so my DD pays her rent from this.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I drove a 500mile round trip to Sheffield on Thursday as they said that if you emptied your student halls by the end of the month you would be let off the final payment of £1900. This is the University of Sheffield, I know that we are extremely lucky. Hopefully other uni’s will do the same.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jasminedivas View Post
I drove a 500mile round trip to Sheffield on Thursday as they said that if you emptied your student halls by the end of the month you would be let off the final payment of £1900. This is the University of Sheffield, I know that we are extremely lucky. Hopefully other uni’s will do the same.
That's fantastic!
Were residents in portugal and DD is studying in liverpool so we have already rebooked her room for September so she could leave her belongings there.
It's a lot of money so hoping to hear something back soon 🤞
Old 23 Mar 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Staffs Uni have said today that they will not charge students living in Halls for Term 3. They have advised to contact private landlords directly to see if anything can be done.

Nothing yet on Edge Hill website but I’m going to email Ry’s Landlady tonight to let her know he came home at the weekend and will let you know how I get on.

No update on student finance yet.
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Staffs Uni have said today that they will not charge students living in Halls for Term 3. They have advised to contact private landlords directly to see if anything can be done.

Nothing yet on Edge Hill website but I’m going to email Ry’s Landlady tonight to let her know he came home at the weekend and will let you know how I get on.

No update on student finance yet.
As I understand the link below, student finance will be paid for next term whatever teaching measures the university has put in

gov.uk/government/news/s...ovid-19-update
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jasminedivas View Post
Newcastle Uni have tweeted that no further rent fees will be due for students that have emptied their room and returned the keys of their University owned accommodation by the 29 March. Hopefully others will do the same.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List