Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Mar 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

Heathrow meet & greet

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a meet & greet parking service at Heathrow? We have never flown from Heathrow before or done meet & greet so a bit nervous handing keys over.

We have booked the PI, bath road for the night before we go on holiday and Purple Parking for my car but would like meet & greet for my husband's car. We think that this will be easier for everyone as he can take all the luggage and head off instead of us all getting the shuttle back to the car park with 2 young kids, a large buggy, car seats and several cases. Used to do that at Gatwick and it became a total pain so are rethinking our strategy for this year

Thanks in advance
pix70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I always use Holiday Extras, you can do a price comparison on there website, just put in dates etc, my advice would be to do a dummy booking, then leave their site without booking they will then send you discount code, usually 10%, every little helps. I should also add they were fantastic to deal with when we had to cancel due to pandemic, we have also booked with them when we left the car at Heathrow and wanted it returned to us at Gatwick.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for your reply. Have you used one of the meet and greet companies? There are so many and its difficult to choose one based on online reviews so would like a recommendation
pix70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

so are you booking two cars in for the trip? Would it not be easier to book a taxi each way?
Old 9 Mar 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have used Maple Parking at Gatwick for at least 15+ years so maybe 50 times at least.

They are also based at other Airports and I cannot fault their service. Currently their prices are the cheapest I have seen for a long while.

Sign up and you get 10% off. Finally loyalty pays off as well as I get 25% off due to the number of times I have used them.

mapleparking/

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I prefer to use the onsite long stay car park at Heathrow. Then there is no need to hand over keys and you can walk straight over to your car without having to get a bus transfer.

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

I normally book Premier Inn and use Purple Parking next door too.

My next flight I have chosen Purple Parking meet and Greet as leave car in short term car park hand over keys at kiosk and walk to terminal and same when return just collect from short term.

I trust Purple Parking as have used them for many years and Holiday extras have taken them over and have had 3 car park bookings cancelled in last year with vouchers to use in 2 years.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
so are you booking two cars in for the trip? Would it not be easier to book a taxi each way?
Yeah 2 cars. A taxi would be brilliant but would never fit us and all our 'stuff'. By the time we get up to a minibus then we are cheaper to take both our cars
We shop a lot on holiday, take our child seats and also have a Bob revolution buggy, which is big compared to UK standard sizes
Old 9 Mar 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have used Maple Parking at Gatwick for at least 15+ years so maybe 50 times at least.

They are also based at other Airports and I cannot fault their service. Currently their prices are the cheapest I have seen for a long while.

Sign up and you get 10% off. Finally loyalty pays off as well as I get 25% off due to the number of times I have used them.

mapleparking/
I remember your maple parking recommendations for Gatwick. Are they the same company at Heathrow?
Old 9 Mar 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by nhyw View Post
I prefer to use the onsite long stay car park at Heathrow. Then there is no need to hand over keys and you can walk straight over to your car without having to get a bus transfer.
I didn't know that. Thank you... may make life easier