Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Mar 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I found a great recipe online for school chocolate pudding and chocolate custard. It's lush if not pretty calorific lol.
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom View Post
Chocolate crunch cake with green mint custard lovely. Moms stew on Saturday night with dumplings and my nan's rice pudding cooked in a huge tin it so thick you could slice it with a dollop of jam perfect. Oh and real gravy with the meat juices awsome.
Yes! My Grandad also used to do a pretty amazing rice pudding with fresh milk straight from the dairy, the skin was so thick it was delicious!
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My Gran used to make an amazing fish pie with capers and mashed potato and cheese on top. Just delicious.
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I was a child of the 70’s and a teenager of the 80’s lol we seriously had no money, no central heating & a bath once a week!
My mum was and still is a dreadful cook, bless her, our staple diet was findus crispy pancakes, mince or cheese.
Thursday night was chippy night, chips & pea wet.
Friday night was big shop night so we picked up a scotched egg and a yogurt (that was a treat)
Saturday morning we called in our butchers (dads friend) and he gave me & my sister a raw sausage which we loved ! Yep, raw sausage!
Luckily Sunday’s we all went to my nana’s who thankfully was a fantastic cook.
She made the most amazing Sunday dinner with real gravy, really thick and big home made Yorkshire puds!
She made loads of deserts, trifle, fairy cakes, jam tarts & rice pudding. My sister & I used to big out all afternoon on them as my mum never made dessert apart from the odd angel delight.
As a teenager my nana passed away so I went to my uncles for Sunday dinner because he did them exactly the same yum yum!
At primary school I loved the chocolate cake with pink custard!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I was a child of the 70’s and a teenager of the 80’s lol we seriously had no money, no central heating & a bath once a week!
My mum was and still is a dreadful cook, bless her, our staple diet was findus crispy pancakes, mince or cheese.
Friday night was big shop night so we picked up a scotched egg and a yogurt (that was a treat)
Saturday morning we called in our butchers (dads friend) and he gave me & my sister a raw sausage which we loved ! Yep, raw sausage!
She made the most amazing Sunday dinner with real gravy, really thick and big home made Yorkshire puds!
She made loads of deserts, trifle, fairy cakes, jam tarts & rice pudding. My sister & I used to big out all afternoon on them as my mum never made dessert apart from the odd angel delight.
As a teenager my nana passed away so I went to my uncles for Sunday dinner because he did them exactly the same yum yum!
Sorry OP that’s more than one meal lol lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimer2014
Excited about Disney

My granny's soup. It's so hard to describe and I've never been able to replicate it properly since she died. It was more of a broth, with a massive hunk of cheap beef in it, pearl barley, split peas, all of that weeks leftover fridge veg etc. It's not proper Scotch broth because the broth was always clear. It's the best thing I've ever tasted and I miss it!
firsttimer2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

OMG I used to eat raw sausage too! Wouldn't do it now, but loved it when I was a kid.

Mine would be my Grandma's potato hash with Daddies brown sauce; or my Mum's cottage pie. Yum!
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Stuffed hearts anyone?
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gev View Post
OMG I used to eat raw sausage too! Wouldn't do it now, but loved it when I was a kid.

Mine would be my Grandma's potato hash with Daddies brown sauce; or my Mum's cottage pie. Yum!
Glad I am not the only one! My husband can’t believe we eat raw sausage lol
I loved sucking the meat out of the skin 🤭
Old 18 Mar 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I used to eat raw sausage as a kid too, wouldn't do it now ... my dad was a master butcher and I used to pinch a link or two when we went to the shop.

I used to have a friend whose mum ate raw liver ... after I saw silence of the lambs she really freaked me out
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List