Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 08, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mole
Excited about Disney

Where to start

Hi all

Just back from Florida and need a new direction with Disney as we have now done the parks to death and need a break and something new. Never done a cruise before and need all the information I can get about:
Prices?
Costs on borad for food and drink?
Were do you pick the ship up from?
Can we do a week at Disney and then do a weeks cruise?
Any info gratfully recieved

Mole
Radission Baricello July 2006
Orange resort Villa Oct 2008
mole is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 08, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Mole
You can get prices from Disney Cruise Line website. Remember to take off the holiday insurance and transportation if you don't need it as this adds around $500 to the cost. You can book online. You can then transfer your reservation to a US Travel Agent by emailing them through their websites( dreamsunlimited, vacationstogo, allseastravel, etc. You will get On board Credits with US T/A. Some offer more than others. UK Travel agents tend to charge a fortune for the same cruises. I saved £637 by cancelling my 3 day cruise with TCD and rebooking with Dreamsunlimited.
All food and drink, except alcohol is included in the price. There is a 24 hour drink station on Deck 9 which includes coffee etc. If you wish to do excursions in the ports of call you have to pay for them. There are loads of souveniers on board and Shutters photographers every where. We had over 100 photos for our 3 day cruise. Very difficult reducing the numbers so we didn't need to take out a bank loan to pay for them!
Disney Wonder do 3 and 4 night cruises. (2010 it is also doing 5 night) Disney Magic do mainly 7 night cruises but it is in the Med and doing Blatic cruises in 2010). When in Florida they both leave from Port Canarveral which is about 1 hour drive from Orlando.
You can do cruise and stay through DCL which is either 4 day cruise with 3 days at resort or 3 day cruise with 4 days in resort. Personally we booked our seperately and did 5 days at All stars Movies, 3 day wonder then back to Movies for 6 days. It is entirely up to you what way you do it. Only thing I wouldn't recommend is doing it at the end of you holiday as I was so depressed when I had to leave the ship and I still had 6 days back in resorts. It would have been a nightmare to have to go straight to the airport to travel home.

Hopefully I have answered your questions but I'm sure there are others out there that will have more good advice for you. Hope you get something booked soon.
Jackie
Xmas 2009 - Highgrove Villa, Perry's Ocean Edge, Daytona, Grand Floridian.
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 08, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
some great info here from Jackie, who has probably answered all your questions! you could also read through the 'stickies' at the top of this forum and read the trip reports for more ideas... oh and check out the photo's in the gallery too!

And fire away with any more questions!
Old 5 Nov 08, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread