Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 14, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I also recommend alamo brits... We have paid £342 for a 7 seater for a fortnight and couldn't find any cheaper elsewhere. We did hire a mid size SUV last Easter and paid £297 for 14 days so your price of £409 for 3 weeks sounds good to me.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I would book soon.
Most car hire companies have announced recently that they are moving to what they call "Dynamic" pricing. The net affect is that for busy times in particular, prices will likely rise steeply as you get near the time. The timeframe look like around 2-3 months out when this will start to happen. Basically they now adjust their prices based on demand. I have heard of prices doubling in that time for very busy periods with some companies.
That makes sense, Alamo brits has added £100 to the cost of 2 week hire next month, when I orignally looked it was £256 for 2 weeks now its showing £350 !

Virgin looks the cheapest for the dates I want 15-29th Apr. But they use Alamo ! Crazy ..

Thanks for the heads up

Tomo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Decided to go for álamo brits

Sould i go for the fullsize or immediate suv?

We have a 8,9 and 13 yr old and plenty of luggage!

Thanks guys..

Edited at 03:00 PM.
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lalilu View Post
Decided to go for álamo brits

Sould i go for the fullsize or immediate suv?

We have a 8,9 and 13 yr old and plenty of luggage!

Thanks guys..
Luggage space is the issue so if thats important then go for the bigger.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I would book soon.
Most car hire companies have announced recently that they are moving to what they call "Dynamic" pricing. The net affect is that for busy times in particular, prices will likely rise steeply as you get near the time. The timeframe look like around 2-3 months out when this will start to happen. Basically they now adjust their prices based on demand. I have heard of prices doubling in that time for very busy periods with some companies.
This is exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. At the beginning of Feb, Alamo Brits were offering me a standard SUV for 3 weeks April - May for around £450 and then when I checked again at the end of Feb, the price had gone up to £1100 And they were the cheapest I could find

Luckily I started a thread about it here and a fab Dibber came up with trying Virgin who could offer the SUV at £540, thanks goodness. Again, this is through Alamo so very bizarre how the price can be so different

I would absolutely suggest booking as soon as possible for anyone who's found a reasonable (£400 - £500 3 week standard SUV) Alamo Brits price for the summer as I would anticipate that once you get within two months, you could be in for a nasty shock like I was
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
This is exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. At the beginning of Feb, Alamo Brits were offering me a standard SUV for 3 weeks April - May for around £450 and then when I checked again at the end of Feb, the price had gone up to £1100 And they were the cheapest I could find

Luckily I started a thread about it here and a fab Dibber came up with trying Virgin who could offer the SUV at £540, thanks goodness. Again, this is through Alamo so very bizarre how the price can be so different

I would absolutely suggest booking as soon as possible for anyone who's found a reasonable (£400 - £500 3 week standard SUV) Alamo Brits price for the summer as I would anticipate that once you get within two months, you could be in for a nasty shock like I was
Wow what a huge increase! Shocking!
Very happy just booked £409 for 3weeks
Looking forward to your trip report! Really enjoyed your last one, have a lovely holiday
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lalilu View Post
Wow what a huge increase! Shocking!
Very happy just booked £409 for 3weeks
Looking forward to your trip report! Really enjoyed your last one, have a lovely holiday
That's great, so pleased you got a good deal

Thank you for those lovely comments. I am really looking forward to writing another trippie too
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I would book now, like they say you can cancel if the price drops
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread