Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Las Vegas - New York New York or Desert Rose Resort

We need to book a hotel in Vegas for 3 nights at the end of our road trip this August. It will be our first trip to Vegas. Travelling with DH, DS (20) & DD (17) & friend who will have his own room.

We will be coming from Grand Canyon & Vegas is the end of our 16 night holiday. Our friends are renewing wedding vows in vegas - otherwise we would probably have spent longer in GC & Yosemite!

NYNY has been for some time the favourite for price & location, but I'm wondering if Desert Rose may suit us better as we usually like smaller, not too noisy hotels. I think the pool is better at Desert Rose 2?
The cheapest we can get NYNY is about £600, that is 2 rooms & inc tax & resort fee
Desert Rose £528, no resort fee charged, free parking (will be needed 2 nights) & inc tax for a 2 bed suite.
I would love your thoughts and advice
Old 16 Jan 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
For me it would be NYNY , We really liked it there and we like the big proper Vegas hotels.

Nothing wrong with the Desert Rose itself its just not a hotel.. its more like apartments and we don't go for that. Location isn't quite as good , I'd be happy with my older teens going off wandering alone from the NYNY.

NYNY has far more going on too lots of places to eat , the Coaster etc, The pool isn't great but then how much time will you spend around it? We're lucky if its 1/2 day.

I would imagine the kids would prefer the NYNY.. location wise its opposite Excalibur/MGM/M&Ms World etc and linked to Hersheys World, starbucks etc.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
For me it would be NYNY , We really liked it there and we like the big proper Vegas hotels.

Nothing wrong with the Desert Rose itself its just not a hotel.. its more like apartments and we don't go for that. Location isn't quite as good , I'd be happy with my older teens going off wandering alone from the NYNY.

NYNY has far more going on too lots of places to eat , the Coaster etc, The pool isn't great but then how much time will you spend around it? We're lucky if its 1/2 day.

I would imagine the kids would prefer the NYNY.. location wise its opposite Excalibur/MGM/M&Ms World etc and linked to Hersheys World, starbucks etc.
Thank you, really helpful.
Old 16 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post

I have to agree with this especially if it's your first visit and you are only paying the fees for a few nights. It's a great hotel!
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at the desert rose resort and really enjoyed it. The pool was nice and quiet. We went for a one bedroom apartment which was perfect for us. We also wanted a kitchen. We discovered a bus stop outside desert rose which drops you outside the fashion mall, no traffic on the road behind the strip. Free parking was ideal too. For the price we paid it was ideal for the nine nights we spent there.
Mel5678 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I have stayed a few times at NYNY I love it but the pool is crap if the pool is important to you this is not the right hotel. Mirage, Tropicana and MGM have great pools. Pools are not important for us so nit and issue I would until recently have never stayed off strip and NYNY is cool great selection of places to eat nice, if slightly small for Vegas rooms
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List