Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 13, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
babyboo
Excited about Disney

direct me plz! chip & dale/boardwalk etc

Hi, i put a post up last week about this but dont know where it disppaeared to and dont know if i got any replies

anyway...we are not staying on disney property, and also not doing any disney parks this year, as did the whole lot of them last time... this time it will be universal/ioa/sw/aq etc etc...

but

we plan on going to chip and dale sing a long campfire movie thing... so can somebody please tell me where it is located and how do we park there ... what do you say at the gate etc we are staying on formosa gardens blvd

also we would like to visit the boardwalk...again how do we get there

as i mentioned above, we wont be at any disney parks so taking a boat from any of the parks is not an option, but can we take a boat from dtd to either chip &dale or boardwalk?

also i have seen people mentioning watching the disney fireworks from a beach area, can someone tell me where this is?

thanks, any advice would be greatly appreciated
babyboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Somebody who has been may come along with more info but I have found THIS in the guidebook for the campfire singalong.

For the boardwalk if you follow the signs for the Epcot hotels it will take you to the Boardwalk Villas, I think you just let the people know you are visiting and you can park for 2 or 3 hours.

Hopefully somebody who has done this will be along with more info for you
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
foxylady
Imagineer

foxylady's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
The boats from DTD service POR, SSR & OKW - not Boardwalk or WL, so it would have to be bus form DTD to either of those resorts.

2014 - Coronado Springs; 2013 - Old Key West; 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside & Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2007 - Indian Creek; 2006 - Palm Key Villages; 2005 - All Star Movies; 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza; 1998 - Somewhere on 192; 1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 1988 - Cheap motel somewhere, as I knew no better, BUT it's where I fell in love with WDW
foxylady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'll try and help where I can but others with more specific experience might come along soon.

It looks like the campfire thing is at Fort Wilderness campground but I've never been so I don't know whether it's a walk up or if you need an ADR. Anyway you just tell the truth to security on the gate. You've come to eat. It's totally irrelevant that you're staying at Formosa.

Loads of ways to get to Boardwalk. Simply driving is the most direct I guess. Or a Disney bus from DTD. Alternatively it's served by Disney boats from Y & BC and Swan & Dolphin. Also from Epcot and HS but you're not going to Disney parks so that doesn't help.

You can't get to either Fort Wilderness or Boardwalk directly from DTD by boat but there are loads of options using combination of buses and boats via resorts.

You can watch the MK fireworks from the Poly beach

Hope this helps for starters?

Mick

Edited at 06:20 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

For campfire you park at wilderness lodge then there are buses that go round the resort just ask driver and they will tell you which bus to get and where to get off just tell security you are there fir the campfire
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 13, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
babyboo
Excited about Disney

thank you!

thank you for all the replies and help so far!

forgot to add in original post that we will have a car so driving to either is also an option, i just thought we wouldnt be allowed park ther if not staying in the hotels
i asked about the boat from dtd as it wuld be a nice little trip for the kids but its not that big of a deal if there isnt a boat!

cant wait now
babyboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 13, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by babyboo View Post
thank you for all the replies and help so far!

forgot to add in original post that we will have a car so driving to either is also an option, i just thought we wouldnt be allowed park ther if not staying in the hotels
i asked about the boat from dtd as it wuld be a nice little trip for the kids but its not that big of a deal if there isnt a boat!

cant wait now
You can basically visit any WDW resort even if you are staying off site just to have a look round - you don't have to eat there either. The only thing you can't do is use the pools. We've never stayed on site but always make a point of visiting a resort every trip.

As I said in my earlier post the options of having a boat ride on WDW are almost endless. It's not just those that go from DTD to SSR, OKW and POR.

Last year for instance we got a Disney bus from DTD to Fort Wilderness, then a boat from FW to MK, then a boat from MK to the Poly and finally a bus back to DTD

Edited to add this useful web site

ourlaughingplace/aspx/twiz.aspx

Mick

Edited at 10:39 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 13, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post

For Chip'n'Dale, once you are parked up you might find this map useful to find the campfire

FORT WILDERNESS MAP
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 13, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread