Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Dec 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Walbradders
Getting to know the DIBB

April - 3 children Aged 6, 4 & 1

Hi All,
We've just booked our flights to Orlando for April 2017 and would like to know the best parks to visit for our 3 children. They will be 6, 4 & 1. They love thrill rides and water parks but because of their age and height I am unsure which parks will have the best availability and which will have restrictions. Any assistance greatly appreciated. TIA
Walbradders is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
They will love the water parks then. My kids were slightly older on our first visit, their favourites were blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon. There are group family raft rides, paired slides and solo slides. I can't remember any height restriction but it does show this on the My Disney Experience app. They loved both the water parks so much that we squeezed in 2 trips to Typhoon Lagoon the last holiday.

As far as the theme parks go, they all have apps for phones or tablets and this is a good way to see what rides, shows and other things they have to offer. Both disney and universal will have height restrictions and they post these on their ride information on the apps. You really osteoporosis likely to find rides for all at disneys magic kingdom, but the other disney parks are great too. It's just that MK is so much bigger than the other parks. Also, there is a rider swap system so that adults and kids tall enough both get to ride without having to queue up two separate times.

I'd recommend you take a look at the park and resort maps or the wdw interactive map on the dibb, these are helpful as well.

You're going to have a brilliant time. Good luck with the planning

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

For children that age I would say the disney parks, Legoland and maybe seaworld if you think they would like the animals plus there's an area wjth rides specifically for younger children. I'd give places like universal, Busch and Kennedy a miss and save those until they're older. Out of the disney parks, magic kingdom will have the most for them, but there's something in every park. The water parks are good too and both have special areas for younger children. I'd avoid the big wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon though as it's really strong and rough!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 10:36 AM. Reason: Typo
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We first took DS when he was 3 and he loved AK and SeaWorld the most. SW has a water splash area which he loved playing in. He loved meeting the characters at Disney and watching the shows/parades.

Loved seeing the wonder on his face at that age.

Took him again when he was 6 and this time he loved Epcot (Space Mission, test track) and had loads of fun doing Agent P around the world. Other highs for him were the Train to be a Jedi experience at HS and Pirate makeover at MK.

He also loved the two universals as he was mad on Transformers and Harry Potter.

All the parks cater for different age groups but I think the Disney ones have more family friendly rides.

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween
Flojo224 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Walbradders
Getting to know the DIBB

We've definitely decided on doing the Disney Parks. We've got 2 days planned at MK & AK and 1 day each at Epcot & HS. We're also definitely doing SW twice but can't decide whether to pay for Universal & IOA or to get Busch & Legoland with the SW tickets. I know Universal / IOA will cost more but will the kids find enough to do there?
Walbradders is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Walbradders View Post
We've definitely decided on doing the Disney Parks. We've got 2 days planned at MK & AK and 1 day each at Epcot & HS. We're also definitely doing SW twice but can't decide whether to pay for Universal & IOA or to get Busch & Legoland with the SW tickets. I know Universal / IOA will cost more but will the kids find enough to do there?
We are going in may with our 3 kids exactly same ages as yours. There isnt much they can do in universal well not £900's worth in my opinion (thats how much it will be for the universal tickets) we are doing disney then getting the legoland, tussards, sea life and orlando eye combo for around £50 each then few rest days in between. X
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

I would avoid universal till the kids are a bit older, there's lots of big rides which if they're too short they wouldn't be able to do so it's an awful lot of money to spend out! I would stick with Disney, Sea World, and Legoland. There will still be more than enough to do, you could easily do Disney for 3 weeks and still not do it all.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Walbradders
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks Rach. We're going with my parents and they are keen to do Harry Potter, so is there enough for little ones to do at those parks?
Old 12 Jan 17, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Thanks Rach. We're going with my parents and they are keen to do Harry Potter, so is there enough for little ones to do at those parks?
Harry Potter is in Universal so you would need rte Universal 2 park tickets to gain entry. The only thing that keeps me wanting to go to Universal is the HP stuff, it's pretty special! There is stuff to do for younger kids, but just not as much as the Disney Parks! Have a look on the Universal website, will give you a list of rides and you can judge if more then.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
There is plenty to do for younger ones, Universal and Islands of Adventure are my 4 year olds favourite parks! Your little one I'm sure will love the Curious George area in Universal. Remember and take a change as there's water play involved! If you want to do the Hogwarts Express you will need Park to park access and if any of the kids are into Super Heroes check out the times for meet and greet while you are there.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List