Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Cost of puppies

I am not getting a puppy but my friend has just put a deposit down on one and gave the link to check her out.
So because puppies are the cutest things on earth I was browsing through the rest of the puppies for sale.
My Tilly is 11 so its been a long time since I purchased a puppy, she was also a cross breed so virtually given away. Now it seems cross breeds are more expensive than full pedigree puppies in some instances 😳
Prices from £1500-£7000 for a puppy!
There is also a huge amount of dogs ranging from 7 months old to two years old no longer wanted and they want a fortune to re home.
I must live under a rock because I didn’t realise puppies and dogs needing re homing were so expensive.

I imagine vets bills for pregnant bitches is very high and the puppies & mum will needs lots of care and attention. So that could be the reason 🧐
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Go to your local dog refuge.

I’m sure they aren’t charging prices. Be careful also as many dogs are stolen.

I can’t find directly the site but there is a good site telling what to look out for.

Old 11 Nov 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Prices have multiplied since lockdown, totally ridiculous prices for mixed breeds etc. Dogs that would have cost £1000 now are priced at 2000/2500. Sadly this hasn't put people off parting with their cash. Xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s ridiculous the price of cross breeds but people are paying that money for them so puppy farming is getting out of control. We recently got an Irish setter pup from a reputable breeder and she has several show champions in her lines and no way did we pay over the odds for her. I saw someone wanting £3000 for an Irish setter pup they got two and decided they couldn’t cope with two so put one up for sale. There is no way they paid that originally. I think they done that deliberately to make money.
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Go to your local dog refuge.

I’m sure they aren’t charging prices. Be careful also as many dogs are stolen.

I can’t find directly the site but there is a good site telling what to look out for.
I am not after another dog. Just looking at the adorable pictures 🥰
But i was so shocked at the prices 😳 eye watering, honestly x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Prices have multiplied since lockdown, totally ridiculous prices for mixed breeds etc. Dogs that would have cost £1000 now are priced at 2000/2500. Sadly this hasn't put people off parting with their cash. Xx
I didn’t realise the costs had jumped up due to lockdown.
Yes, dogs are amazing but they are for life not just lockdown 🤗
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mollybogle View Post
It’s ridiculous the price of cross breeds but people are paying that money for them so puppy farming is getting out of control. We recently got an Irish setter pup from a reputable breeder and she has several show champions in her lines and no way did we pay over the odds for her. I saw someone wanting £3000 for an Irish setter pup they got two and decided they couldn’t cope with two so put one up for sale. There is no way they paid that originally. I think they done that deliberately to make money.
That’s awful. Take a puppy away from its mum, then re home it again just to make a profit...shameful isn’t it?
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s sad and just furling the puppy farms and even imports from Europe.

A few years ago people would be giving cross breeds to good homes now any puppy is worth £500.

Sadly as soon as this pandemic is over and people go back to work and release the commitment needed there is going to be a price crash and a glut of free to good home dogs 😡
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Prices for kittens, cats and puppies have gone insane due to people buying them as they are working from home
The saddest thing is they are then being re advertised weeks later as people can’t cope with them
I saw a kitten for sale for £200 two days after being brought home as it didn’t like their other cat , TWO DAYs poor thing never had a chance .
Many adverts are also saying that their child is allergic to the animal as apparently people don’t question it.
It’s heartbreaking
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We got a rescue dog 2 years ago and paid £200 from the local dogs home . They say the cost covers neutering and vaccines etc , we also had to have our garden secure, and have pet insurance in place before we got her.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List