Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Oct 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Orange Tree, Silver Creek, Calabria or Sunrise Lakes

Hi,
We are trying to choose a villa for our next trip and are having issues narrowing it down.

Has anyone stayed on any of these estates? Silver Creek, Orange Tree, Calabria or Sunrise Lakes?

What are they like? Noise, appearance, space etc?

Thanks so much
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I would suggest google earthing those communities, give you an idea of what they look like , some are nicer than others.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

I've stayed at Orange Tree and Calabria. OT is a bit further out and is now mostly full time residential.

I'd choose Calabria for location. We had a fabulous villa there and loved the location.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Once the connector road opens you will be able to get from the 27 near Orange Tree straight onto WDW property avoiding the 192 . I for one can’t wait!
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
I would suggest google earthing those communities, give you an idea of what they look like , some are nicer than others.
Hi, yes I’ve looked at street views. I was just wondering what peoples personal experiences were as places can feel very different in person than on a screen.

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
I've stayed at Orange Tree and Calabria. OT is a bit further out and is now mostly full time residential.

I'd choose Calabria for location. We had a fabulous villa there and loved the location.
Thanks. Calabria does seem lovely. Can I ask what villa you stayed in?
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

My sister used to own a villa on Orange Tree and it's a nice community, very residential though, although it suited my sister the location would never be my first choice but once the new road opens that will be wonderful
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

[QUOTE=berniegroves;15162185]Hi, yes I’ve looked at street views. I was just wondering what peoples personal experiences were as places can feel very different in person than on a screen.

I was trying to be diplomatic!

A lot of the vacation rentals are no more and gone residential in all of those communities .

Some have stricter HOAs than others which makes the general kerb appeal better iykwim.

They are all older communities.

Calabria is closer to the main touristy attractions than others mentioned
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=State27;15162209]
Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
Hi, yes I’ve looked at street views. I was just wondering what peoples personal experiences were as places can feel very different in person than on a screen.

I was trying to be diplomatic!

A lot of the vacation rentals are no more and gone residential in all of those communities .

Some have stricter HOAs than others which makes the general kerb appeal better iykwim.

They are all older communities.

Calabria is closer to the main touristy attractions than others mentioned
Thanks.
I’d discounted Silver Creek and Sunrise Lakes. But was still considering Orange Creek and Calabria as there are villas on them both that we like.
The distance to orange creek gives me pause, but the villa is really nice.

I’m so confused. We usually book one on high grove but it’s not available so I’m back to looking again.

What areas do you think are good?
We like a lake or conservation view so are limited with options.
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
My sister used to own a villa on Orange Tree and it's a nice community, very residential though, although it suited my sister the location would never be my first choice but once the new road opens that will be wonderful
Thanks. Do you mean the location wouldn’t suit you because of the community itself or because of the distance?
We’ve stayed in high grove before so orange lake isn’t much further on, but I’m not sure what the community itself is like if that makes sense?
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
Thanks. Do you mean the location wouldn’t suit you because of the community itself or because of the distance?
We’ve stayed in high grove before so orange lake isn’t much further on, but I’m not sure what the community itself is like if that makes sense?
The community is fab and although very residential everyone is welcoming and friendly, we always preferred to stay around N Poinciana Blvd but that is just personal to us, we have always stayed at Orange Tree whilst my sister owned the villa and the area has really developed a lot, the new road will be fantastic. If you have found your villa then I would go for it