Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Did you tip anyone? If so, how much?
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

You are generous to a fault Mickey, hope your wife knows how lucky she is.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I'm a bit surprised you didn't treat Mrs MH to the M & S lunch deal rather than just a sandwich.
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I'm a bit surprised you didn't treat Mrs MH to the M & S lunch deal rather than just a sandwich.
Funny enough we got a meal deal each in marks (Reading services I think) which was displayed as £5 with a sandwich, drink and crips, but mine came to £6.40 and my wife’s a similar amount so I was looking to query this but coincidentally the couple on the next self service till were telling the assistant that they had been overcharged for their meal deal and he said they got the wrong sandwich and it wasn’t part of the meal deal. I also queried ours and he said the same thing so I politely asked him to remove our cokes (£1.90 each) and crisps (at a £1 each). The similar meal deal in Tesco is either £3 or £3.50 and out of principal I won’t be ripped off my marks especially when their signage is very misleading.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I took my wife for a trip to the motorhome show today in Newbury as her yearly treat:

I bought the tickets online at £5 each and parking was free). We arrived there at around 11.30am and it was quite busy (around 5 minutes queue to get in).

Lots of stalls selling mainly tat, and the same stuff I saw at shows 30 years ago. I bought Mrs MH some fudge and it was £4 but worked out at around 45p a piece of fudge so I told Mrs MH to make it last.

It was very busy which was good news for the stalls and motorhome companies.

We went into a few motorhomes and we liked a couple, but we have no plans to ever buy one which made me wonder why we even went to a motorhome show.

I was going to get a coffee but the queue was far too long, and we were grateful we stopped off at the motoway services on the way and bought some marks and sparks sandwiches because the food stands weren't very exciting (hot dogs and hamburgers).

We stayed for just over an hour and I then took Mrs for a little trip on the river on the way back in our tiny boat.

So I hope you've enjoyed my trip report and please free to ask me any questions.
Oh how I have missed a trip report 😩
This is up there as one of the best MH 🤩
I’m surprised you didn’t have any coupons to spend as I know money is tight for you
thank you & enjoy your weekend 🤞⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Oh how I have missed a trip report 😩
This is up there as one of the best MH 🤩
I’m surprised you didn’t have any coupons to spend as I know money is tight for you
thank you & enjoy your weekend 🤞⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Claire, I am struggling financially as I’m unemployed due to being forced to retire early (I was burnt out from over working) and I’m planning to start a go fund me page and I’m hopeful that dibbers will generously contribute to such a worthy fund.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

What a fantastic day MH,is this you looking to win trippie of the year and get the Dibb Double crown 👑
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
What a fantastic day MH,is this you looking to win trippie of the year and get the Dibb Double crown 👑
Thank you. I plan to visit Scotland one day but I have no where to stay so if a dibber offered me free accommodation with meals included that would be very helpful on my very limited budget?
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I think I'm moving that day🤔
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

We are in the Midlands with plenty to do around our area. Alton Towers and Drayton Manor are all nearby if you need a theme day out. Only have one spare room so you would have to bunk up with Mrs MH! I make homemade fudge so that would save you some pennies. Just let me know the dates and will make sure I’ve made some.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List