Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Had a lengthy chat with aviva earlier on...
The reason for the increase is that they’ve had a lot of claims over the past year...
reasons given were ( in no particular order &#128514

Holidays in general costing more to cover when cancelled etc
More medical claims within my demographic
‘The drone ‘ farce at LGW causing delays cancellations etc
Weather issues like ‘ the beast from the east’ giving rise to cancelled flights etc
And bogus claims 😮😮 ... like sickholidays.com etc

How true this is I’ll never know and whether it’s a spiel they’ve been given to say but it seemed plausible enough ... or am I just gullible?!?!

Anyway as regards my policy I do have add ons which when we broke down the policy I can see has cost me £90...
airspace closure, travel disruption , baggage and golfing cover 🙄 ( which I was about to cancel until I found out it was only £1.94 😂😂 going down from £4 odd from last year! )
I have a few weeks to look more in detail at the policy and see whether I want or amend or even renew with another company.
We are flying with TC ( hopefully) and of anything happens with that then we are not insured ( although covered by credit card) ... is there any company that will insure ( obviously not on this particular holiday but for future) and is it called ‘end supplier failure’? Or is that something completely different?
I think I've seen another thread today about end supplier failure and lots of companies seem to cover it.

We certainly have it as standard with Staysure.

I note that you say that you have time to "look in more detail" but I trust that are covered already aren't you with only 36 days to go?

Mick

Edited at 08:03 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
You think that’s bad, our dogs pet insurance has gone up £90 from £230 to £320. No claims in the last 12 months and he is only 5.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I think I've seen another thread today about end supplier failure and lots of companies seem to cover it.

We certainly have it as standard with Staysure

I note that you say that you have time to "look in more detail" but I trust that are covered already aren't you with only 36 days to go?

Mick
Yes we are covered. We usually buy an annual policy covering worldwide including USA etc ... I think I’ll put Staysure on my list to check out too 🙂
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
You think that’s bad, our dogs pet insurance has gone up £90 from £230 to £320. No claims in the last 12 months and he is only 5.
Wow that is steep ... not sure I’ll get a dog anytime soon then x
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=mick;13952711]I need to be a bit careful here. At 73 I can't remember what I had for breakfast let alone all the companies I tried in May either on the phone or on-line.

So here goes and apologies if I've got them the wrong way round.

I tried both Axa and Aviva. One would cover us but excluded cancellation or medical costs arising from our cancers - what rubbish cover is that? The other referred me to their "associated" company All Clear. Their best price to compare with what I have with Staysure was over £1,400.

Like you if quote has less than 4 figures, preferably not starting with a 3 or 4 i would be happy, thats if they give us cover! Wasnt it great cover with Eurotunnel!
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post

Like you if quote has less than 4 figures, preferably not starting with a 3 or 4 i would be happy, thats if they give us cover! Wasnt it great cover with Eurotunnel!
£112 for annual cover for both of us no matter what the PEMCs. Thanks to much missed Loadsapixiedust I think who first mentioned them.

Mick
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
£112 for annual cover for both of us no matter what the PEMCs. Thanks to much missed Loadsapixiedust I think who first mentioned them.

Mick

Thats a really good price and with PEMCs... is it Staysure you're with now?

One to put on my list I think
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Thats a really good price and with PEMCs... is it Staysure you're with now?

One to put on my list I think
Sadly Eurotunnel withdrew from providing worldwide travel insurance about three years ago.

Yes Staysure now.

Mick