Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Aug 05, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Hot Air Balloons

There will be 7 of us going in October and I have booked a hot air balloon flight, DS (14) doesn't want to do it so that leaves a problem. I originally booked for only 5 people with 2 going in the chase vehicle (myself and DS), DS knows I wanted to do the flight and keeps insisting that he is happy to go in the chase vehicle on his own, everyone else wants to do the flight. Part of me wants to do it but the 'mother side' of me keeps saying what if anything happens and DS is left in America by himself. Sorry to ramble on but what would you do?
Old 9 Aug 05, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I would wait till I got there [if possible] then wait for my teenager to change her mind, probably while still making it sound as if it was the most boring thing she'd ever been asked to do!
Failing that I would by then have had a chance to see what sort of people she would be with whilst I was up, and get an idea if I was comfortaable to leave her for so long on her own, at the end of the day though I have a very active imagination so if I couldn't persuade my hubbi to stay on land would probably do so myself- at the end of the day you have to do what you're comfortable with
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 05, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Thanks for your reply HeeHaw and welcome to the Dibb! The thing that gets me is that he has put his name down to go flying in a glider with air cadets but insists there is no way we will get him in a balloon!
Old 9 Aug 05, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

as far as im aware all the balloons that have taken off have landed somewhere. I dont think youll be up there all day.
Old 9 Aug 05, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Originally posted by hardy
as far as im aware all the balloons that have taken off have landed somewhere. I dont think youll be up there all day.
LOL, I always look on the black side of things and even though it says on their website they have a 100% safety record if anyone is going to break that then I will think it will be us!
Old 10 Aug 05, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post

who are you ballooning with? im sure all the companies are very friendly and your teenager will be well looked after. is it your first time in a balloon? We wnet ballooning in May for the first time and it was heaven, a flock of birds flew beneath us and when the burner is not on it is so peaceful.

Dont look on the negative side, be more positive and dont worry too much about your child im sure he will like the experiance if he flys or not.
Old 10 Aug 05, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

We have booked with orange blossom balloons. I think if we were all doing it I would be fine it's just the thought of him being in a car with people I don't know, having said that he's a big lad (almost 6ft tall) so he's big enough to look after himself as DH keeps telling me.
Old 10 Aug 05, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

We went with orange blossom balloons and they are very friendly and professional, the flight was very enjoyable and everyone had a great time. I am sure as your husband says he is big enough to look after himself, but all mums and dads will worry when leaving their teenager with someone they hardly know. By the time you leave the hotel/meeting point you will know most of the crew, there was both men and women on the crew when we went and as said before they are all friendly and they give you a real good feeling and great amosphere.

one of the views we had is attached below.

Edited at 09:32 PM.
Old 10 Aug 05, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Old 10 Aug 05, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire44
Imagineer

Thanks for the photos, it looks lovely and I think I have made my mind up and will do it with the others and let DS go with the chase crew.