Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jul 13, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Thank for the info about Bernard's tours, they sound great, so we are going to book them.
Old 7 Jul 13, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by akv2010 View Post
Hey Ails, you have pretty much the same countdown as me - are you on the 19th sailing out of PC? We have a customised Maho Beach tour booked with Bernards, taking in some of the Island sights and ending with 2 hours+ at Maho in the afternoon as this is when the big planes come in, we are also doing the FE programme. If you are on the 19th we have 7 spaces left on our bus for the tour with Bernards which is $45 per head.

I can also point you in the direction of the FB page for that cruise, they are a great bunch of people and there is a whisper that it's a Halloween cruise as well with Trick or Treating posts for the kids.

Here are the details of our tour just in case:

Private Island Tour & Maho Beach

9am start - 2.30 back to ship

Pickup at the cruise pier
Iguana Farm (getting off the bus is optional) [5-10 mins]
Stop at the French and Dutch border [2 mins] (this is where the sea urchins are)
Brief stop at Oyster Pond over looking the island of St Barths [5-10 mins]
Marigot - open market (French Capital) [60 mins]
Maho Beach [120-140 mins]
Drive through Simpson Bay marina
Harold Jack Hill (View of Simpson Marina,Airport & Anguilla)
Return to Philipsburg.

There are currently 5 children (between ages 5 and 10) and 10 adults on the tour, Bernards has a cooler of drinks on board as well. If you are interested, drop me a PM and let me know. The time is flying, we seem to have been booked onto this cruise forever!
Thats the one we did and it was very good, he even stops at a shop to get food for the Iguanas, it was very very good, I have photos of it in my Blog. Although we did far less time at Maho beach only to watch the planes and went to Orient beach instead which is far better, lts of sand and gentle waters.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 13, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

We are so looking forward to Maho, we have just opted out of the Orient stop - Bernard will give you a bespoke trip if there are enough of you. All of us on this trip so far only wanted to do Maho but instead of waiting to get the bus at 11.30 we will get to see some of the Island instead.

We cannot wait, not long to go now.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 13, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We are so looking forward to Maho, we have just opted out of the Orient stop - Bernard will give you a bespoke trip if there are enough of you. All of us on this trip so far only wanted to do Maho but instead of waiting to get the bus at 11.30 we will get to see some of the Island instead.

We cannot wait, not long to go now.
Make sure you find out what times the big planes are landing and taking off for Maho. The little ones are ok, but the big ones are really something else!
Old 7 Jul 13, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Ails, you have pretty much the same countdown as me - are you on the 19th sailing out of PC? We have a customised Maho Beach tour booked with Bernards, taking in some of the Island sights and ending with 2 hours+ at Maho in the afternoon as this is when the big planes come in, we are also doing the FE programme. If you are on the 19th we have 7 spaces left on our bus for the tour with Bernards which is $45 per head.

I can also point you in the direction of the FB page for that cruise, they are a great bunch of people and there is a whisper that it's a Halloween cruise as well with Trick or Treating posts for the kids.

Here are the details of our tour just in case:

Private Island Tour & Maho Beach

9am start - 2.30 back to ship

Pickup at the cruise pier
Iguana Farm (getting off the bus is optional) [5-10 mins]
Stop at the French and Dutch border [2 mins] (this is where the sea urchins are)
Brief stop at Oyster Pond over looking the island of St Barths [5-10 mins]
Marigot - open market (French Capital) [60 mins]
Maho Beach [120-140 mins]
Drive through Simpson Bay marina
Harold Jack Hill (View of Simpson Marina,Airport & Anguilla)
Return to Philipsburg.

There are currently 5 children (between ages 5 and 10) and 10 adults on the tour, Bernards has a cooler of drinks on board as well. If you are interested, drop me a PM and let me know. The time is flying, we seem to have been booked onto this cruise forever!
Have sent you a PM
Old 8 Jul 13, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Make sure you find out what times the big planes are landing and taking off for Maho. The little ones are ok, but the big ones are really something else!
Thanks Bats, 12.00 onwards is the best time to catch the big planes which is why we wanted to be there for a couple of hours. The set tours Bernard currently has only has 30 or 40 minutes at Maho and there are lots of reviews about people missing them so we thought we would do our own trip and miss out Orient and spend the time at Maho instead. Don't ask, don't get an all that.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Bats, 12.00 onwards is the best time to catch the big planes which is why we wanted to be there for a couple of hours. The set tours Bernard currently has only has 30 or 40 minutes at Maho and there are lots of reviews about people missing them so we thought we would do our own trip and miss out Orient and spend the time at Maho instead. Don't ask, don't get an all that.
We were there circa 2.30pm to 3.30pm there is a list on a chalk board and it tells you the time they are in. We saw a lot of big ones.
Old 8 Jul 13, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Definitely don't ask don't get!

We were there at 10am and saw a big 747 land from Air France I think. We didn't stay for the take off but wished we had so that's definitely on the agenda for next time.

We were drinking cocktails at 10am too ... wayyyy too strong for me though and I've given up alcohol now so no more of that fun!
Old 9 Jul 13, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

LOL, yes, there seems to be lots of alcohol, Bernard has it on the bus and it is included in the price too.

Another tip - if you go to the Government office on St Maarten they will stamp your passport with a little map of the island.

This facebook page lists all of the DCL Facebook pages: facebook/groups/467112946710832/

Facebook is great - we are hooked up with loads of people already - we have wristbands being made, that cost 62c each, so we all know we are from the same group.

We have found another family who staying in the same preferred area of PORR so we are sharing a bus to the port (half the price of DCL bus) same again for the return journey.

They have organised a tasting event that is free for on-drinkers and £13.50 for drinkers and it is an open bar for an hour.

Family meet on Castaway Cay beach.

Private tours with Bernards.

And the Fish Extender gift exchange as well.

There are so many great people on there - plus you get to know the people to avoid, LOL. Feels like I have been talking to these people forever and I cannot wait to actually meet them all in 102 days.

Old 9 Jul 13, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
LOL, yes, there seems to be lots of alcohol, Bernard has it on the bus and it is included in the price too.

Another tip - if you go to the Government office on St Maarten they will stamp your passport with a little map of the island.

This facebook page lists all of the DCL Facebook pages: facebook/groups/467112946710832/

Facebook is great - we are hooked up with loads of people already - we have wristbands being made, that cost 62c each, so we all know we are from the same group.

We have found another family who staying in the same preferred area of PORR so we are sharing a bus to the port (half the price of DCL bus) same again for the return journey.

They have organised a tasting event that is free for on-drinkers and £13.50 for drinkers and it is an open bar for an hour.

Family meet on Castaway Cay beach.

Private tours with Bernards.

And the Fish Extender gift exchange as well.

There are so many great people on there - plus you get to know the people to avoid, LOL. Feels like I have been talking to these people forever and I cannot wait to actually meet them all in 102 days.

Yes, we got our passports stamped in St Maarten and St Thomas last year, the little outline map is a nice touch.
I'm not on FB so if its not happening on here or the dark side, it's not something I bother about!

Be careful with the 'people to avoid' ... Some folk can seem like party animals online but go to bed at 8pm every night, others are quiet online but turn into the best party goers ever!

Edited at 07:41 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread