Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Not happening at my house at any time. I open the door, say not thank you and shut it.
They seem to understand apart from about 5 years ago when they pinched my bell!

However I now watch them on the CCTV and don't even answer the door.
It's that time to ensure our curtains are fully closed by 5pm MrT as we too don't answer the door to begging dressed up as halloween, penny for the guy or a strangled version of carols. In 18 years I've yet to see a house in the village decked out for halloween, doesn't stop village youth chancing their arm to earn a few bob tho!

Afore I'm accused of being a killjoy, misery, blah blah, we stopped answering the door over 10 year ago when two kids, aged circa 6, threw stones at the window after telling us to **** off when we refused to cough up more money.
Old 27 Oct 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Halloween night only not before and not after
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

And I decorate my house for Halloween from October 1st to October 31st
My sons birthdays are 30th and 31st October
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We only hand out sweets and goody bags on Halloween Night. We do decorate with lights pumpkins and other bits and bobs (including a 15ft Marshmallow Man) We firmly switch off the lights and close the curtains at 9pm but there's usually not much left for us to munch on
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Halloween only!
Old 27 Oct 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Halloween and no other day. Cut off time of 8.30pm. When our kids used to go out they went with their friends and were only allowed to go to houses of people they knew and only if houses were decorated or porch lights were on. We do the usual treats. When our kids went out we used to get a few more round than we do now and we did a couple of games ( dooking for marshmallows etc). Now we just hand over the loot and exchange jokes with them.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Just on Halloween here too.
When my daughters were small, I stopped answering the door when they went to bed. Was my view that if my kids were in bed, so should other's be
I don't particularly like Halloween, never have, but always let the kids dress up and have sweets ready near the door. Some years we have loads, other years barely any.
2 and 3 years ago we had parties at dd's boyfriends family as they love Halloween and go overboard with dressing up and decorations then last year and this year it's middweek and not half term, so I'll be at work 3-9.30. I work in a dance school so we'll have sweets there and some of the kids will dress up
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 06:13 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Halloween only and just the little bite size bars sweeties, definitely never money. We always go out Halloween as it's OHs birthday so only get the early ones anyway.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

I don't like halloween and I don't like trick or treating neither.

I am working, but if not I tend to have the curtains shut and the light over the door off.

I don't let my son go trick or treating as I find the whole notion of knocking on someones door for sweets wrong. You wouldn't do it any other time of year would you?

"hangs head in shame and admits I am a killjoy"
Old 28 Oct 17, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Halloween only here, decorations go up just before it gets dark and come down about 8ish.
I know lots of people don’t like halloween knocking on doors etc, but its just a bit of fun its once a year. We live on an estate that everyone decorates their houses up, you can’t drive on the streets due to the kids all out mostly with parents. Sweets or fruit are given out never money. Its just a lovely evening in general.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List