Go Back   theDIBB > Welcome to theDIBB > Latest
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Latest Latest articles from theDIBB home page.
Florida Tix
Unread 20 Jun 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Im happy 😀 very happy, although will the system be in place in EEMH? That will mean people offsite may not get a reservation?
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Dark Side trip!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
Im happy 😀 very happy, although will the system be in place in EEMH? That will mean people offsite may not get a reservation?
This system is being introduced in the Disneyland version after he initial reservation system ends. There is no indication yet it will be used in WDW though it may be a possibility. I think WDW will be monitoring things and will decide their approach in due course

2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee
2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites
2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back after 2yrs Beach Club 1st time
Unread 20 Jun 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know, but Stu said probably and I trust him 😀
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Dark Side trip!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
I think if WDW use this virtual system it will make the line before opening even worse for 29th-31st August.
When people realise that by 6am or even before all the boarding passes are gone. People will arrive earlier and earlier.
It will also turn the rest of HS into a holding pen for SW fans before they called up.
The first 15,000 get a boarding pass the next 15,000 stand about HS swiping the phones and finally the next 15,000 stand outside. Crowd control!

I suspect though this is system WDW is going to use unless it totally fails at Disneyland.
I agree. My husband was debating going to the park at some point on opening day or the day after but if they do this it will mean you have to be there well before opening to get a slot. I suspect if you have to then stay in the park some people will have a very long wait!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I hope they sort things out for WDW before we get there so I can try and get my head round how to actually use it. To be honest I am actually thinking of not bothering with even trying to get into Batu!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I dont think it will be needed for extra extra magic hours, the land wont reach capacity until everyone else gets in at opening time so I think the holds wont start till 10ish, This system worked teally well when Harry Potter opened, but it was paper tickets then not app enabled!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Spring here we come!
Unread 20 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Apprentice Imagineer

Were waiting for the eemh to start On the 1 st September I think. It will be interesting how they manage the onsite guests arrival and time within the land before everyone else arrives. Im not a big Star Wars fan so Im happy to whiz thru the land and hopefully one ride will be open to try. After that its back to the old favourites which hopefully will be quiet.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Choo Choo here we gooooo
Unread 20 Jun 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
I think if WDW use this virtual system it will make the line before opening even worse for 29th-31st August.
When people realise that by 6am or even before all the boarding passes are gone. People will arrive earlier and earlier.
It will also turn the rest of HS into a holding pen for SW fans before they called up.
The first 20,000 get a boarding pass the next 55,000 stand about HS swiping their phones and spending $s and rest stand outside in the heat. Crowd control!

I suspect though this is system WDW is going to use unless it totally fails at Disneyland.
But this is the same as what would happen even if there wasn't the virtual queue - that line at park open is going to be massive because everyone knows they have a better chance of getting in if they get there early. I don't think this will change that, but it will spread that same number of people around HS instead of them all queuing again to get into GE.
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Survived the Great Free Dining Grab!