Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 25 Mar 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Finalising plans. Please cast an eye.

Hi guys,

I am a first timer going to Disney in Oct. We are staying on site at CBR. Myself and 3 children aged 8, 6 and 4, no other adults to help me, so may need to bear that in mind with my plan.

Many hours have been spent trying to do the itinerary, so I am hoping this is the final plan, as we can book our ADR's soon.

I would really welcome any suggestions or comments. I think all the info you need is below.

I have tried to make use of the EMH, avoided waterparks at the weekend and I think I have all the fireworks covered. I haven't got the light show at AK in the plan. I was just going to miss this out.

I think I need one more table service restaurant.

We are on the DDP.

I have a few questions.

Day 8: After BBB, I would like us to go to a character dining with Princesses, however I only fancy the breakfast menu for CRT and Akerhsus. Is there any other Princess character dining? Or alternatively, are we likely to run into a Princess in the PArk, that we could get a photo with?

Is Day 10 too busy? If so, any suggestions for dinner in Epcot or close to Blizzard Beach?

Day 1: Arrive 8:30pm

Day 2: Early Start. Chef Mickeys for Breakfast. MK until early afternoon. Then back to the hotel.

Day 3: Early Start: Tuskers - late breakfast. AK (making use of EMH) until early afternoon.

Day 4: TL. Early dinner at T Rex.

Day 5: Rest Day CBR. Raglan Road for Dinner. Disney Springs.

Day 6: Akerhshus for late breakfast. Epcot, making use of EMH.

Day 7: CRT breakfast: MK, making use of EMH.

Day 8: Rest Day: BBB. Time in DS. Need somewhere for lunch/dinner? Ideally Princess character dining.

Day 9: HS making use of EMH. Here all day. Dinner Hollywood and Vine for tickets for Fantasmic. (Apprehensive about Hollywood and Vine due to the bad reviews, but seems to be the only restaurant suitable for the kids foodwise.) We can go back to the hotel during the day for a break if needed.

Day 10:Blizzard Beach. Rainforest Café AK and HS for Star Wars Fireworks.

Day 11: Crystal Palace for lunch/dinner. Pirates League and MNSSHP.

Day 12: Rest Morning: MK for Late EMH and fireworks. Mickeys Backyard BBQ for dinner.

Day 13: Free day. Kids can choose their favorite place to go back to. Epcot in the evening for fireworks.

Day 14:Epcot and Beeches and Cream.

Day 15: Home.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

Your plan looks really good, and it's clear you've put a lot of thinking into it. Is there any way you could do an early morning at BBB? In past years I've taken my DD for the first slot at BBB, then onto Cinderellas royal table for brekfast. The breakfast menu appealed to us more too, plus an early BBB lets them be done up for the whole day. Or maybe do BBB on day 7 before the breakfast you have pencilled in there?

Your other question about day 10 being busy, it is quite a bit of running around. You don't mention if you have a car, or relying on Disney transportation. If you have a car, it would certainly be easier, however I'm not sure I'd be bothered with the hassle tbh. I'd possibly just eat at HS.

Hope you all have a wonderful trip
Old 25 Mar 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Sounds good!

I agree with BeHappy. Rainforest and TRex are pretty similar so personally I'd go for Sci-fi Diner or 50's Prime Time at HS instead of going to DS for rainforest cafe on day 10.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
yes, day 10 is too much.

As a mother of 3 children myself, I would be anxious about doing so many buffet meals, as the only adult. I'd feel as though I was constantly having to get up and down, to accompany the children to the buffet. I would be far more relaxed with a 'family style' character meal at the table, like at Garden Grill.

I would also not bother with Chef Mickey on your first morning, so that you can all get ready and out the door to the parks, without the added pressure of having to rush for an early ADR. How about a QS breakfast in the resort and lunch in MK instead, so you have time to get your bearings and see how long it'll take you to get 3 kids up and ready.

It's a tiring holiday, so be prepared to let your plans slide somedays. The kids might prefer just to hang out by the pool and resort in the afternoons, and won't really want to get dressed and go out again somewhere in the evenings.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I agree with the poster above - you have a fair few table service breakfasts on the same days as EMH and it might be a bit of time wasted when it will be quieter in the parks to get some rides done.
I would switch chef mickeys on that first day to a lunch instead of breakfast because by the time you are done eating and out, MK will be busy.
In terms of princess dining your only park options are CRT and Akershus, but you could consider 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian for either a lunch or dinner - you will have Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step mother and step sisters appear. Although - again I agree with the poster above who mentions buffets when you are the only adult with three children. Garden Grill is a good choice in Epcot as they bring you a family platter to the table and you get Mickey, goofy, Donald, chip and dale.
Have a great time whatever you decide!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Thanks, I really appreciate the responses.

I am thinking on our first morning there, we will need to do breakfast early as we will wake up early due to the jet lag. Chef Mickeys opens at 7am, so I am going to try for a table as close to that as possible. MK opens at 9am on that day.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Thank Unexpectedpenny, I will change Rainforest Café to Sci Fi Diner.

I will probably also change CRT to a lunch reservation, as it means we could go to BBB at some point in the morning on day 7 (as apposed to day 8). Then we will get the photos with the Princess!

Thanks for your help.