Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 09, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Need help please! Royal Carribbean!

Has any of you been on a Royal Caerribbean cruise? just a little help please! Is the voltage the same on the cruise liners as in Florida?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 09, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MMCMK
Excited about Disney

Hi,
YES and YES.
You will have a fantastic time, we are on our second cruise with Royal Caribean next Oct.

The food on board is to die for, the beaches and sea are breathtaking...anything else just ask. Bet you end up joining in the line dancing on board!
Orlando & Club TI [04/14] Villa Clermont[10/13] ClubTI St.Petes [03/13] H.I.Vac Res Orange Lake [10/12] DTree SeaWorld [04/12] MG Lakeside (10/11) Springhill I-Drive&Bahamas (04/11) NY & Philly (12/10) Lake Eve (10/10) West Coast&Mexico Riviera (04/10) Tuscana Suites (04/09) Seralago/Bahamas (10/09) BWL&Bahamas&St. Petes (10/08) BWL&Reedy Creek [Apr08&07&06)

Edited at 12:34 PM.
MMCMK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 09, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KACY
Excited about Disney

Same voltage as Florida, so if it works in Florida, it'll work on the ship.
KACY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 09, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Nick & Pat,
lucky you... Which ship are you sailing and where are you going?

I've been on Freedom (trip report with LOADS of pics in my sig below) and am going on Mariner in October and then doing a back2back on Oasis next May.

Have you been over to cruisecritic. You can sign up for a meet and mingle. There is a forum thread for every RCI sailing, and once 25 people or more have signed up they put on a special party onboard for you. Sometimes they can be quite poor with not many people showing up, but sometimes they can be fab, with officers and the captain sometimes showing up, free bar, nibbles, giveaways, raffles etc.

Well worth doing.

If you have any other RCI queries just ask away.
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 09, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carolynn38 View Post
Hi Nick & Pat,
lucky you... Which ship are you sailing and where are you going?

I've been on Freedom (trip report with LOADS of pics in my sig below) and am going on Mariner in October and then doing a back2back on Oasis next May.

Have you been over to cruisecritic. You can sign up for a meet and mingle. There is a forum thread for every RCI sailing, and once 25 people or more have signed up they put on a special party onboard for you. Sometimes they can be quite poor with not many people showing up, but sometimes they can be fab, with officers and the captain sometimes showing up, free bar, nibbles, giveaways, raffles etc.

Well worth doing.

If you have any other RCI queries just ask away.
Hi ya thanks for the info. I have been on cruise critic lost my password they have sent me a link but it wont let me sign in. Its our first cruise so its only a 5 nighter to Bahamas from Miami. I think we are on an old ship. Majesty of the seas!.
Is their irons in the cabin? And how much do you normally tip?
Sorry im asking all theses questions.
Old 2 Apr 09, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by poohoo View Post
Hi ya thanks for the info. I have been on cruise critic lost my password they have sent me a link but it wont let me sign in. Its our first cruise so its only a 5 nighter to Bahamas from Miami. I think we are on an old ship. Majesty of the seas!.
Is their irons in the cabin? And how much do you normally tip?
Sorry im asking all theses questions.
I'm afraid irons are definitely not allowed to be either brought on ship, or used in cabins. Major fire hazard and I think that if you are caught with one it gets confiscated.

There is a laundry and pressing service on board though. Prices are not too bad.

Tipping - have you paid your gratuities up front or not. If not, then there is a set amount you 'should' tip certain people on your cruise. This is usually done on the last day.

royalcaribbean/cust...37&faqType=faq

So that you can thank those who have made your cruise holiday better than you could have imagined, we've developed these guidelines for tipping:
Suite attendant: USD 5.75 a day per guest
Stateroom attendant: USD 3.50 a day per guest
Dining Room Waiter: USD 3.50 a day per guest
Assistant Waiter: USD 2.00 a day per guest
Head Waiter: USD 0.75 a day per guest
Note: These tips apply to guests of all ages.
Tips for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% tip will automatically be added to your bar or wine bill when you are served.
Envelopes for tips will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Tips may be paid in the following ways:
Pre-paid, by having them added to your reservation by your reservation agent.
Added to your onboard SeaPass account.
Paid in cash at the end of the cruise
We have normally paid up front (just so its one less thing to think about) and usually give a bit extra in cash to those who have served us exceptionally well.

We also usually tip a couple of $ when we get room service.

You are also 'expected' to tip your porter when you arrive at the pier who takes your luggage away. We usually tip him approx $10 - well, we do want to see our cases again!
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 09, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carolynn38 View Post
I'm afraid irons are definitely not allowed to be either brought on ship, or used in cabins. Major fire hazard and I think that if you are caught with one it gets confiscated.

There is a laundry and pressing service on board though. Prices are not too bad.

Tipping - have you paid your gratuities up front or not. If not, then there is a set amount you 'should' tip certain people on your cruise. This is usually done on the last day.

royalcaribbean/cust...37&faqType=faq

We have normally paid up front (just so its one less thing to think about) and usually give a bit extra in cash to those who have served us exceptionally well.

We also usually tip a couple of $ when we get room service.

You are also 'expected' to tip your porter when you arrive at the pier who takes your luggage away. We usually tip him approx $10 - well, we do want to see our cases again!
Thanks for all your help!
Will I be able to take my hair straightners on board if I cant I will look like a poodle lol?
Old 2 Apr 09, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Yes! You can take hair straigteners ~ no need for the poodle look You will have a BLAST!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 09, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by *source* View Post
Yes! You can take hair straigteners ~ no need for the poodle look You will have a BLAST!
Thanks all for your help. Much appreciated.

Im on a roll now about asking questions!
Did you all do shore excursions through R.C. Or on your own?
Old 2 Apr 09, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

We did them on our own ~ found the ones we wanted and researched on Cruise Critic with who was best to go with locally. Usually much cheaper too
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread