Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 09, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Just booked our cruise from Miami!

We fancied doing something a little different this year so in the second week of our holiday we are taking a 4 night cruise from Miami stopping at Key West and then Cozumel in Mexico. We have booked with Carnival cruises on the ship Destiny in a balcony stateroom. We got a good deal from vacationstogo.

Now, just need countdown to hurry up!
Old 22 Apr 09, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Captain Nemo
Imagineer

Hope you don't mind me asking - but roughly how much did you pay? We had been looking at a cruise for this summer but decided not to go ahead because of costs and DH wanting to fit a week away without kids in, but would really consider it for next year.
Captain Nemo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 09, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
Hope you don't mind me asking - but roughly how much did you pay? We had been looking at a cruise for this summer but decided not to go ahead because of costs and DH wanting to fit a week away without kids in, but would really consider it for next year.
For 4 of us it's cost $1500 with $100 dollars on board credit. It includes all food but drinks are extra.
Old 23 Apr 09, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
joanneclaire
Dibbing with Tink

sounds perfect thanks for the information, its something we are thinking of doing.

Joanne

South facing pool with multi-coloured LED lighting, spa/hot tub - heated free of charge, outdoor TV, private landscape lit garden, Nintendo Wii interactive gaming wall, twin Xbox live games area with games pass, retro arcade games

License No:- DWE5903426

joanneclaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 09, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I saw the Destiny in Miami in September, she looked an impressive 'fun' ship! I'd really like to try Carnival next year , Royal Caribbean prices are just ridiculous for 2010. The Carnival dream looks amazing too!

Some pics :
We passed has as we pulled out of Miami and she then followed us out into the sea.

Hope you have a great time
Ste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 09, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
For 4 of us it's cost $1500 with $100 dollars on board credit. It includes all food but drinks are extra.
That is good price and you booked with vacationstogo and are they helpful? As I am watching for Disney for next year for in law... I see sometime 90 days go on good bargains...

Is that for 2 adults and 2 kids or 4 adults?

Must be exciting for you wink

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 09, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I booked our first cruise with vacationstogo and found them really good - that was Carnival too but to the Bahamas. We really loved Carnival and I'm sure you'll have a great time - I really fancy one of the ones that stops at Key West to save me driving there! Sounds like you got a really good deal too - excellent!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 09, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Its sounds fab,and a great price too..gonna check them out myself..as we were thinking of doing a couple of days in Miami & Keys,will run it past my hubby later

Debi.xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 09, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
We fancied doing something a little different this year so in the second week of our holiday we are taking a 4 night cruise from Miami stopping at Key West and then Cozumel in Mexico. We have booked with Carnival cruises on the ship Destiny in a balcony stateroom. We got a good deal from vacationstogo.

Now, just need countdown to hurry up!
Sounds like a good deal you got!

I tried to book with V2G recently and they told me they needed a US address... Did you have that issue or was it not mentioned?

I only ask because we booked with them for my in-laws last year and it wasn't mentioned at all...

Have a great trip
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 09, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by *source* View Post
Sounds like a good deal you got!

I tried to book with V2G recently and they told me they needed a US address... Did you have that issue or was it not mentioned?

I only ask because we booked with them for my in-laws last year and it wasn't mentioned at all...

Have a great trip

We have used V2G for all our cruises, bar one, and have never had to give or use a US address. I would try again