Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jun 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
This is obsessive lol!
Can anyone tell me why the pp price differs so much with diff companies? As shouldn’t they be roughly the same.
Also why is SSR the cheapest for dues?
Lastly do you contact all the brokers for closing costs before you put a bid in?
I’ve seen some great ‘sale pending’ ones and I want one
Hi. I think most contracts of a similar size with the main players are there or thereabouts regarding pricing.
Sometimes you get a silly price but it is down to the seller to tell the agent what they want to sell at and thus it gets advertised and sticks for a while. A bit like house prices here where ocasionally a house goes on the market for crazy money.
The closing costs should be shown alongside each contract for sale.

For example DVCMagicResales has this type of thing shown when you click on each seperate contract.

Price $19,800.00
Savings (DVC resale vs Direct)* $10.400
Points 200 DEC points (200 2018, 200 2019) )
Price / Point $99.00/point
Closing Cost $650.00
Annual Fees $1,172.00
Contract Expires 2054

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 06:59 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. I think most contracts of a similar size with the main players are there or thereabouts regarding pricing.
Sometimes you get a silly price but it is down to the seller to tell the agent what they want to sell at and thus it gets advertised and sticks for a while. A bit like house prices here where ocasionally a house goes on the market for crazy money.
The closing costs should be shown alongside each contract for sale.

For example DVCMagicResales has this type of thing shown when you click on each seperate contract.

Price $19,800.00
Savings (DVC resale vs Direct)* $10.400
Points 200 DEC points (200 2018, 200 2019) )
Price / Point $99.00/point
Closing Cost $650.00
Annual Fees $1,172.00
Contract Expires 2054
Fabulous thank you. I know you have SSR why are the dues cheaper than the others?
Also can the seller advertise on different sites

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Fabulous thank you. I know you have SSR why are the dues cheaper than the others?
Put Hawaii to one side as there was a major issue ref dues pricing out there that led to heads rolling!
The dues are set based on the amount of grounds maintenance required, amount of the footprint size of the resort, security (extra gates at SSR), housekeeping etc and also it's age. The bigger the resort the more staff required at reception etc.
Maintenance is one of the big differences.
BLT = 16.2%
SSR = 13.6%
BCV = 20.7%
AKV = 15.3%
So each resort has various cost headings that crunch out at a final figure.
I have only shown maintenance but each component has a different figure per resort.

However dues can get loaded due to ongoing issues. For example both Vero and Hilton Head have been slammed with extra dues due to replacing the roofs after hurricanes. The same as SSR after Irma which cost over $800.000 to sort the grounds out.

Mind you there isn't an enormous amount between them but the more points you have it does add up as I know to my cost!

dvcinfo/dvc-information/...c-annual-dues/

Edited at 09:07 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Put Hawaii to one side as there was a major issue ref dues pricing out there that led to heads rolling!
The dues are set based on the amount of grounds maintenance required, amount of the footprint size of the resort and also it's size. The bigger the resort the more staff required at reception etc.
Maintenance is the big difference
BLT = 16.2%
SSR = 13.6%
So each resort has various cost headings that crunch out at a final figure

However dues can get loaded due to ongoing issues. For example both Vero and Hilton head have been slammed with extra dues due to replacing the roofs after hurricanes. The same as SSR after Irma which cost over $800.00 to sort the grounds out.
In this scenario did everyone have to pay extra for that year as a one off payment or did they hike the % up when the dues came round for renewal?is it ‘normally’ just 20-30 cents per due increase, I looked at the tables for the past few yrs and it looks like some yrs it went up more than others. There must be a cap on the increase aswell?
Thank you for your advice
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
In this scenario did everyone have to pay extra for that year as a one off payment or did they hike the % up when the dues came round for renewal?is it ‘normally’ just 20-30 cents per due increase, I looked at the tables for the past few yrs and it looks like some yrs it went up more than others. There must be a cap on the increase aswell?
Thank you for your advice
Sorry, been showering!
I have updated my post as well.
I know for a big issue such as at HHI when the hurricane hit DVC/DVD claimed some monies back from their Insurer. The rest was borrowed at a good interest rate and the DVC owners have 3 years to repay that money which is now incorporated into their dues until it's cleared.
SSR saw a bigger increase for 2018 due to Irma

Old 9 Jun 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Sorry, been showering!
I have updated my post as well.
I know for a big issue such as at HHI when the hurricane hit DVC/DVD claimed some monies back from their Insurer. The rest was borrowed at a good interest rate and the DVC owners have 3 years to repay that money which is now incorporated into their dues until it's cleared.
SSR saw a bigger increase for 2018 due to Irma
Ok so you didn’t receive an extra bill on top of the dues then? So if they increased the dues to cover the cost over 3 years when that is pd bk will the dues reduce to reflect this?
Do you think SW land will have an impact on dues costs(i know they are supposed to b for maintenance ect but do you think they will increase to recoup some costs). I assume they can’t put them up like 10%

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Points to note:
It's currently a seller's market, a few years ago you would be looking at pages & pages of contracts, now fairly limited- supply & demand.
Smaller contracts attract higher prices & don't stay around long.
If you look at the various contracts, you will get a higher-lower spread, currently Disney are taking a lot of contracts at the cheaper end, in this way they can also artificially affect the pricing of their product. Anyone that buys Direct only have 1 recourse if they want to sell -The Resale Market, Disney do not buy back.
The 3 options for paying dues are: You pay an amount thru' someone like Paypal, whenever the rate is good. You pay a monthly DD- this needs a US Bank Account or you pay the lump sum BUT this is a "sore one" right after Xmas!
I think on our 10 year spread our dues have gone from Ł450 -Ł800 but a lot of this has been the massive difference in the FX rate
As far as Free Dining, I think we are witnessing it's demise, certainly at least up until the 50Th Anniversary, it was always a way of filling beds & now they don't need to. The only caveat to that is how many guests will return to eating off-site- I'm not going to pay $80 for a $50 meal off-site!
Financially I'd say SSR & AKL are the best bang for your buck, but that's my opinion, BLT has gone through the roof recently & is not far off the Direct price.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Ok so you didn’t receive an extra bill on top of the dues then? So if they increased the dues to cover the cost over 3 years when that is pd bk will the dues reduce to reflect this?
Do you think SW land will have an impact on dues costs(i know they are supposed to b for maintenance ect but do you think they will increase to recoup some costs). I assume they can’t put them up like 10%
The dues shoud reduce. Notice I used the word should! DVC Owners will be watching like a hawk to see what happens but time will tell.

With regards to the DVC budgets they would never get away with 'burying' external costs in there as they would soon be found out.
Each strand of Disney has to financially stand on its own two feet. So yes they could use overall profits to cover an issue but come year end like all our budgets in business here (allegedly) they have to seperate strands out.

Old 9 Jun 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just read your last question: Dues should only be based on your Home Resort, as an SSR owner I'm not going to be happy if I'm paying for a re-furb at AKV. Anything to do with the parks etc is totally separate.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Points to note:
It's currently a seller's market, a few years ago you would be looking at pages & pages of contracts, now fairly limited- supply & demand.
Smaller contracts attract higher prices & don't stay around long.
If you look at the various contracts, you will get a higher-lower spread, currently Disney are taking a lot of contracts at the cheaper end, in this way they can also artificially affect the pricing of their product. Anyone that buys Direct only have 1 recourse if they want to sell -The Resale Market, Disney do not buy back.
The 3 options for paying dues are: You pay an amount thru' someone like Paypal, whenever the rate is good. You pay a monthly DD- this needs a US Bank Account or you pay the lump sum BUT this is a "sore one" right after Xmas!
I think on our 10 year spread our dues have gone from Ł450 -Ł800 but a lot of this has been the massive difference in the FX rate
As far as Free Dining, I think we are witnessing it's demise, certainly at least up until the 50Th Anniversary, it was always a way of filling beds & now they don't need to. The only caveat to that is how many guests will return to eating off-site- I'm not going to pay $80 for a $50 meal off-site!
Financially I'd say SSR & AKL are the best bang for your buck, but that's my opinion, BLT has gone through the roof recently & is not far off the Direct price.
SD
I know I’ve said this but I should have bought 2 yrs ago when I was looking