Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
chocolatemango
Earning More Ears

Question HELP! Mum's 70th - going this Sunday!

So ... it's my mother's 70th birthday at the end of the month and as she has never experienced anything like Disney before I thought it only right that she should get to experience it at least once in her lifetime! I have booked 3 nights, Santa Fe at DLP and we leave on Sunday. I have been to Florida many times but the one and only time I visited DLP was approx. 13 years ago

Please can you give me your best tips and advice to help me to make this an amazing trip for her. Perhaps rides that should not be missed or Foodie treats that are amazing. All help gratefully received.
chocolatemango is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chocolatemango View Post
So ... it's my mother's 70th birthday at the end of the month and as she has never experienced anything like Disney before I thought it only right that she should get to experience it at least once in her lifetime! I have booked 3 nights, Santa Fe at DLP and we leave on Sunday. I have been to Florida many times but the one and only time I visited DLP was approx. 13 years ago

Please can you give me your best tips and advice to help me to make this an amazing trip for her. Perhaps rides that should not be missed or Foodie treats that are amazing. All help gratefully received.
We took my mum when she was around that age too, she went twice and absolutely loved it. It was lovely as she got older that she could picture things when we talked about our Disney holidays. She enjoyed the parades, the slower rides and the shows - her very favourites were Peter Pan and IASW . There are new rides and shows since then and she'd have loved Mickey and the Magician show, and the Remy ride. You might have difficulty with booking some of the restaurants this close to going, but try to get into Chez Remy for the theming (and the food) and Inventions buffet is amazing if you want a character meal. Have fun making memories - this has brought memories back for me
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 09:05 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Will mum be able to walk around all day or need a wheelchair?

Its not the best in wheelchair to be honest - due to other guests rudeness. And not the best organised (they ran out of wheelchairs at studios 30 mins after park opening and couldnt be bothered to get more sent over)
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chocolatemango
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We took my mum when she was around that age too, she went twice and absolutely loved it. It was lovely as she got older that she could picture things when we talked about our Disney holidays. She enjoyed the parades, the slower rides and the shows - her very favourites were Peter Pan and IASW . There are new rides and shows since then and she'd have loved Mickey and the Magician show, and the Remy ride. You might have difficulty with booking some of the restaurants this close to going, but try to get into Chez Remy for the theming (and the food) and Inventions buffet is amazing if you want a character meal. Have fun making memories - this has brought memories back for me
Well, we visited and had a great time. Many thanks for the advice. I managed to get a reservation at Chez Remy and the food was great. We also enjoyed Mickey and the Magician - thanks for the tip (I probably would have given this a miss not realising what it was!). Mum enjoyed all the rides ... apart from Rock n Rollercoaster! At least she gave it a go. She wasn't brave enough for TOT. Her favourite ride was Ratatouille ... so a DVD will be finding it's way to her as a birthday present as she hasn't watched the film yet. Thanks again for the advice.
chocolatemango is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Well, we visited and had a great time. Many thanks for the advice. I managed to get a reservation at Chez Remy and the food was great. We also enjoyed Mickey and the Magician - thanks for the tip (I probably would have given this a miss not realising what it was!). Mum enjoyed all the rides ... apart from Rock n Rollercoaster! At least she gave it a go. She wasn't brave enough for TOT. Her favourite ride was Ratatouille ... so a DVD will be finding it's way to her as a birthday present as she hasn't watched the film yet. Thanks again for the advice.
Lovely memories - if you take her again try to time it for the Christmas decorations, my mum loved the Christmas parade and it snowing on Main Street.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Lovely memories - if you take her again try to time it for the Christmas decorations, my mum loved the Christmas parade and it snowing on Main Street.
We took my mother in law who was in her seventies for a Christmas trip many years ago and she still talks about it now. She has been to Florida many times but her favourite trip of all time was DLP at Christmas.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
We took my mother in law who was in her seventies for a Christmas trip many years ago and she still talks about it now. She has been to Florida many times but her favourite trip of all time was DLP at Christmas.
My mum never went to WDW, but loved her 2 DLP trips especially the Christmas one.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 29 Jun 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

One of our favourite moments was having Glowtinis on the balcony in Cafe Fantasia in the DLH, looking out over Fantasia Gardens, and watching the Panoramagique balloon.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List