Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

Best thing to counter Jet Lag and turn yourself around quickly is to try and fall back into your normal routine, fight the urge to sleep and go to bed at your normal time or maybe an hour earlier and wake up when you usually would.

I've said on here that I travel long haul for work, where I'm currently at, I landed at 6am local time after 12 hours of travelling (no sleep), got to my hotel, showered and went straight into work, left work around 5, went for a meal, back into the room, unpacked, showered and was then in bed ready for sleep around 9/10is with my Alarm set for 6am, fresh as a daisy the next day.
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gemini157 View Post
I would keep them at home on that day , if not an inset day.
Not saying you shoudl be it's what I would do!
No way, sorry but sent them in when we went when they were younger. Even if I wasn't working I needed space to get the washing/shopping etc done!

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
We got home from Canada in January on a Sunday night, about 7pm, and I went to work the following morning. I was a bit weary on the Monday, but it definitely helped get my body clock back on track.
This was us in the May half term. Landed at lunchtime on the Sunday, home mid afternoon, early night but then I was back to work by 8.30am on Monday. Luckily I had already given up doing breakfast club, think being in work for 7.30 might have been hard

Kids will bounce back easier than adults, they can always have a quick nap when they get home as long as it really is just 20 mins.
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've done it a few times, going to work/school day after landing. Think its better getting straight back into routine.

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Bee happy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
I once had an important job interview the day after I returned from Florida. I didn’t know until I got home and found a phone message to say I had the interview. I did get the job too
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’ve done that a few times and the kids have been fine. No way was I keeping them off, If anything it’s helped them get straight back into a routine and had zero jet lag.

We never sleep when we get home so all get a good sleep that night.

Edited at 07:33 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

When my kids were at School I did this a few times. It worked well. One year we got the late flight back from Gatwick to Edinburgh landing at about 9:30pm and straight to school/ work the next morning. We booked a day room at Gatwick so we could shower and have a nap. I would definitely do it again. No problem with jet lag at all that year.
Old 17 Aug 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Kawaii
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are arriving back on the Saturday before school starts on the Monday. Hopefully DD will be okay and will just get on with it. She's excited about her new year group so that may carry her through!
Kawaii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

We did this in May at half term.

Helped all us get back into routine
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

No kids, but myself and my partner always do it this way to maximise annual leave. Land on the Sunday, back to work on the Monday! He is a;ways completely fine, I struggle a lot more with jetlag but I struggle through - worth it for the holiday!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We did it last year, landed Monday ds went to school Tuesday, he was absolutely fine & as others have said gets you back into your normal routine quickly & none of us suffered jetlag

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List