Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
So I visited Ikea today.
Disclaimer I hate shopping generally in Ikea.
I think that I just didn't see anything that matched our criteria.
Their shaker range in my opinion is not the best. If you are looking for gloss then fantastic range and different colours. Quality seemed good .
I have to admit my heart just wasn't in the whole kitchen search today... It's partly me and partly my hate for shopping in Ikea in general (I need to be able to see the product and when people linger for ages it gets difficult lol)
I believe their gloss doors are foil wrapper so I wouldn't go near. Any problem (moisture or hear) and they will peel.
Virtually all decent kitchen places don't even offer foil wrapped doors these days.
Maybe Ikea have changed.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just an update that we have decided to order with DIY Kitchens .
After confusion with Howdens and DIY kitchens offereng an extra 10% discount we designed our kitchen and have decided to go for a cornflower blue tall and wall units and graphite base units...not that neutral after all I am glad that I have finally decided
We will be buying our work surfaces from an online company and will shop around for appliances.

Also thank you to everybody for their different advice and experience. And thanks to those who recommended DIY kitchens as it is somewhere I probably wouldn't have looked into otherwise

Edited at 09:31 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Just an update that we have decided to order with DIY Kitchens .
After confusion with Howdens and DIY kitchens offereng an extra 10% discount we designed our kitchen and have decided to go for a cornflower blue tall and wall units and graphite base units...not that neutral after all I am glad that I have finally decided
We will be buying our work surfaces from an online company and will shop around for appliances.

Also thank you to everybody for their different advice and experience. And thanks to those who recommended DIY kitchens as it is somewhere I probably wouldn't have looked into otherwise
Hope it all gets fitted nicely, without hassle and you are happy with it!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I just wanted to put a little update on this. The kitchen was ordered by out builders. We needed a door sample so that we can get a colour match for the paint and in order to help us choose some tiles.
I have been to the showroom but for those who live further afield the door sample came and gives a great idea of the excellent quality before you commit to visiting or purchasing a kitchen I will post a pic of the sample.
You do have to pay for a sample but will be refunded if you return it. I definitely think this is a great feature of DIY kitchens though to be able to see and feel the product without having to visit a showroom.

Edited at 07:27 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Old 9 Feb 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Another happy customer of DIY kitchens; excellent quality and superb customer service. I hope you're as delighted with your new kitchen as we were. Ours is almost 4 years old and seems to be wearing very well. I loved how straightforward their website was - no lame sale tactics and all unit/extra prices were clear for us to compare and consider.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I just wanted to come on and give an update.
The kitchen fitter said that our kitchen is excellent quality and was surprised how reasonably priced it was.
I am very pleased with the quality of it and their after sales service has also been great
Old 1 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I just wanted to come on and give an update.
The kitchen fitter said that our kitchen is excellent quality and was surprised how reasonably priced it was.
I am very pleased with the quality of it and their after sales service has also been great
That's really good news! I was wondering how you were getting on.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
That's really good news! I was wondering how you were getting on.
Thank you very much , It is lovely that the kitchen is finally getting installed its not quite finished yet but it is great to see progress