Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 20, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Our local photo shop does passport pics, he checked them and said they met the criteria but said there was a small shadow on my daughters face that the computer programme wouldn’t like but that we should comment that it had been checked at an approved shop and it wouldn’t then cause a problem. He was right and passport was approved.
Evil queen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s really easy online, you just have to have a white background and take the photo on your phone. It says on the website if it’s accepted or not and best of all, because you take the photo- it’s free 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
nampam
Excited about Disney

Yes done 2 lots recently at home. I used a wall that faced a window so plenty of light.
nampam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

I have recently renewed 3 of my DSs passports. Took photos ourselves at home, 2 were accepted no problem 1 we had to redo as there was a shadow on my DS face. They just stood against a light coloured wall and I took a photo on my phone of their head and top of shoulders. All seemed quite easy to do
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

We've done our own on mobile phone for renewing our passports on line for 1st time.
My 1st attempt said it was fair, 2nd was good so went ahead with the application. We had our lights on as late afternoon, used a pale wall to stand against, no real shadows and left our glasses on. Haven't heard anything yet, we're just waiting at mo. We found the whole online application very good!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
We've done our own on mobile phone for renewing our passports on line for 1st time.
My 1st attempt said it was fair, 2nd was good so went ahead with the application. We had our lights on as late afternoon, used a pale wall to stand against, no real shadows and left our glasses on. Haven't heard anything yet, we're just waiting at mo. We found the whole online application very good!
I thought you had to take glasses off?

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

Thank you for all the tips. I took a few photos near to the window with a neutral background. I had a few issues with shadows so took quite a few pictures. The one I uploaded said it was 'good' so hopefully it will be third time lucky. The photo shop sent me a digital copy to use but I didn't want to risk it being rejected again. I will see what the passport office says next...
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I thought you had to take glasses off?
My last passport photo (photobooth) was accepted with glasses. I tried it with glasses using my phone and it went green for good, so carried on. As I said, we haven't got the new passport back yet and they haven't had a message saying it's not correct. Fingers crossed!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I thought you had to take your glasses off in my photo I have no glasses on and had to move my fringe to expose my face more it looks nothing me 😂😂 .

My Mom has just had her passport photo done and in the booth it told you whether the photo was accepted or not before you selected it.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I always try with glasses on as I don't like my photos without 🙄