Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

Does Saratoga Springs still get discounted?

Just wondering if Saratoga Springs still gets heavily discounted as I remember booking Old Key West a few years ago when it was discounted by 40% I think.
Old 10 Jan 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

OKW and SSR have still being enjoying discounts during free DDP offer period, but now typically at around 20%.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by trampslikeus View Post
OKW and SSR have still being enjoying discounts during free DDP offer period, but now typically at around 20%.
Thanks for that I’m trying to find a cheaper alternative to the Beach Club but still in the deluxe category
Old 10 Jan 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

AKL is always cheaper than BC, on my dates it was about £50/night cheaper from memory. WL should be as well but they have so few standard rooms now that half have been converted to DVC that it sells out quickly.

But if you're looking at deluxe mostly for the free dining offer, don't rule out the moderates. Depending how many of you there are and what the rates are, it may work out around the same to book a moderate and upgrade dining. Particularly if the OKW/SSR discount gets smaller again next year, it was break even for me (just 2 adults) this year so a moderate would be cheaper if they're not discounted. ETA: Just remembered that break even point was with POFQ, it would have been cheaper to go with CSR/CBR.

If you're not bothered about (or don't qualify for) free dining, the cheapest option for deluxes is to rent DVC points. For example, on my dates the cost for studio rental at BCV is quoting at around £220/night. The rack rate for BC is about £360. So you'd get access to all the same amenities with a slightly different room style for more than a third less. Cheapest (at least on my dates) are the value studios at AKL, these are around £150/night. But I've read these go very fast as they're so well priced.

Edited at 09:05 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
AKL is always cheaper than BC, on my dates it was about £50/night cheaper from memory. WL should be as well but they have so few standard rooms now that half have been converted to DVC that it sells out quickly.

But if you're looking at deluxe mostly for the free dining offer, don't rule out the moderates. Depending how many of you there are and what the rates are, it may work out around the same to book a moderate and upgrade dining. Particularly if the OKW/SSR discount gets smaller again next year, it was break even for me (just 2 adults) this year so a moderate would be cheaper if they're not discounted. ETA: Just remembered that break even point was with POFQ, it would have been cheaper to go with CSR/CBR.

If you're not bothered about (or don't qualify for) free dining, the cheapest option for deluxes is to rent DVC points. For example, on my dates the cost for studio rental at BCV is quoting at around £220/night. The rack rate for BC is about £360. So you'd get access to all the same amenities with a slightly different room style for more than a third less. Cheapest (at least on my dates) are the value studios at AKL, these are around £150/night. But I've read these go very fast as they're so well priced.
Thanks for the info I will look into it. We normally stay at POR and upgrade the dining plan but this will be the first time with just the two of us and really wanted something different. I think I will just have to wait until April to see if free DDP is on this year and what prices were looking at, just excited and want to plan now