Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile BA flights - what am I missing?

Just been trying to get an idea on flight prices for this time next year. I was set on going Edi-LGW-mco but at the moment it looks like flights from Glasgow for same route are way cheaper - just over £1000 for 4 of us. This was economy with luggage included and feels really cheap. What am I missing or is this a genuinely cheap flight? Flight times look ok, no transfer between airports that I can see but I feel I must be missing something!
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You're probably not missing anything. BA prices vary a lot by route. Sometimes due to competition. I believe Virgin fly to MCO directfrom GLA so I assume BA want to get people going with them rather than Virgin. EDI does not have the same level of competition maybe?
Sometimes annoying when its cheaper to go from a regional airport to gatwick to mco for less than direct gatwick to mco for us southeners.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just checked my outbound flight which is now out and it’s really expensive so my excitement has now gone! The joys of going in school holidays!
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Try Aer Lingus from Edinburgh or Glasgow via Dublin.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Saund123 View Post
Just checked my outbound flight which is now out and it’s really expensive so my excitement has now gone! The joys of going in school holidays!
If your dates have just been released keep checking as we found our prices came down again.
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saund123 View Post
Agree with some of the other posts, I have been looking for weeks and so far found prices of around £750 each for flights. On Friday a connecting flight pops up and boom I got my flights for £300 each and saved over £2000 on my holiday.
Keep looking, and definitely try other airports. Tampa had some amazing prices last week
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks all, I’ll keep an eye out rather than book the first thing. Just couldn’t believe the price of the Glasgow ones in Aug/Sept. Would be a fab deal for someone going then.
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Iv noticed some really good prices with ba for late aug/sep so much so im almost tempted to bring our october holiday forward but am concerned about the weather 🤔
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

I just booked 4 of us GLA-LGW-ORL in sept next year for the amazing price of just over 1k too. I couldn't believe that price at all and thought I was missing something out or there was a glitch. But all booked now..
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We've just booked (6 of us) gla to mco via lgw car and flights for £376 each! Very happy with that price! 4th Sept for 2 weeks!

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List