Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Formularog
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Ba new 777

Hi just thought I put this out there.
Loads if questions asked this year about the new ba 777 refurbed and densified aircraft vs the old less density one's. Having flown both this year just wanted to give my thoughts in case anyone else was still wondering.

Basically the new ones are far better. Didn't notice at all the extra seat per row, the ife is far far better and with the fresher cabin and new lighting I thought felt more spacious. Also the new seats are fine and have hard backs so people behind you dont dig there knees in you like they did on my return flight on the older plane. Couldn't fault the service on outbound flight, always round with drinks, food, ice creams etc. Flight went really quick didn't even get time to finish my film and I only watched 2!

Way home night flight service was very poor just got the feeling they wanted to get there feet up. My partner needed a drink as they didn't come around apart from with the meal. She pressed her buzzer and a steward just turned up grumpy didn't ask want she wanted just gave her a glass of water and went. I know night flights are different and people want to sleep and not be disturbed but it wouldn't have hurt to just walk around now and then with a tray of water like they did on the way out.

Anyway apart from that couldn't fault ba and the new aircraft, if you've booked don't worry it's not like what the press are making out like being squashed in like sardines. Enjoy, it's better.
Formularog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Thanks for review. Very helpful.
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing!
When I booked a few months ago for next April. We had 2 refurbished planes, but now they have changed the outbound one back to 3-3-3 (aka the non refurb). Bit worried because last year the planes were already pretty bad...

Edited at 12:34 PM.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Formularog View Post
Hi just thought I put this out there.
Loads if questions asked this year about the new ba 777 refurbed and densified aircraft vs the old less density one's. Having flown both this year just wanted to give my thoughts in case anyone else was still wondering.

Basically the new ones are far better. Didn't notice at all the extra seat per row, the ife is far far better and with the fresher cabin and new lighting I thought felt more spacious. Also the new seats are fine and have hard backs so people behind you dont dig there knees in you like they did on my return flight on the older plane. Couldn't fault the service on outbound flight, always round with drinks, food, ice creams etc. Flight went really quick didn't even get time to finish my film and I only watched 2!

Way home night flight service was very poor just got the feeling they wanted to get there feet up. My partner needed a drink as they didn't come around apart from with the meal. She pressed her buzzer and a steward just turned up grumpy didn't ask want she wanted just gave her a glass of water and went. I know night flights are different and people want to sleep and not be disturbed but it wouldn't have hurt to just walk around now and then with a tray of water like they did on the way out.

Anyway apart from that couldn't fault ba and the new aircraft, if you've booked don't worry it's not like what the press are making out like being squashed in like sardines. Enjoy, it's better.
Thank you for posting the above, we are flying out on a refurb, and i was a bit anxious but you have put my mind at rest, it was very thoughtful of you to take the time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Thank you for posting! We are going out on a refurb in December and they have changed the return to a non-refurb. Not massively looking forward to the older plane but at least it's the night flight so we can try and sleep through it.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for review, Its good to here some positive. I really disliked the old planes, Then with so many saying how cramped the new ones were I didnt even bother looking at BA for our flights next year.

Maybe I will have a little look and see if there are some good prices.

How do you know if it is a refurb plane or a older plane.
Old 17 Oct 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Formularog
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BirdsluvDisney View Post
Thank you for review, Its good to here some positive. I really disliked the old planes, Then with so many saying how cramped the new ones were I didnt even bother looking at BA for our flights next year.

Maybe I will have a little look and see if there are some good prices.

How do you know if it is a refurb plane or a older plane.

No problem glad people find it useful.

I think by end of this year pretty much most of the Gatwick 777 fleet will be refurbed, so you are really odds on of being in a new one especially as they need the capacity on the orlando route.

There is placed on the web that advise on which routes the refurbed are doing but even this year the new planes covered more routes than was quoted.

All in all I should think you would be unlucky to be on a non refurbed one that's if there are actually any more around by the time you wish to go.
Formularog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bree1982
Gone all Goofy

We are on a refurb plane in both directions flying out in 15 days...

I can honestly say that im looking forward to it as the old planes interiors were so dates and worn...

Felt like l was being robbed getting charged so much to fly in them...

Anyways, im sure the reduction in space will only effect a very small number of passengers...

Brendan
bree1982 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

How do you know if your on a refurb or not, thanks
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by familybell View Post
How do you know if your on a refurb or not, thanks
If the seat plan is 3-4-3 you're on a refurb.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List