Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Oct 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
miikeyblue
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Do they like water parks? We love them as a family and did both Disney ones and VB. I would say VB might be a must do if your boys are water park fanatics.
Definitely gonna try and squeeze this in!
miikeyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
Build in a chill out day three or four days in, have pool time and enjoy the amazing hotel you’re staying in. If you want time away from Disney I recommend Kennedy Space Centre as it’s fascinating but also it feels good to get away from theme parks and see some of Florida. I also recommend a visit to a state park or maybe an airboat ride (we did Spirit of the Swamp, highly recommended) to see some of the wildlife. As this is your first time I’d save Universal for your next trip as there’s so much to do in the Disney parks and resorts alone - 14 days won’t feel like enough!
YES YES YES ! In my opinion you do need very definite chill time. The weather and the parks can be very tiring.
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree, you definitely need chill time. A lot of people under-estimate how tiring and draining this sort of holiday can be. It's very hectic and the heat/humidity takes it out of you.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We went for the first time a few years ago and only did Disney and I'm glad we did because it was enough but we did also go to Clearwater one day which was a must for me. We are now going back in December and are only doing Disney and universal and one day off for a WWE event. Would love to do other things but we now know the Disney parks need multiple days each to get through them - so hopefully Discovery cove on the next trip!
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Our teenagers loved a day at Fort Wilderness Campground. There are loads of things to do (paid) e.g. Segway experience, hire canoes/sea racers, archery and horse riding

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ail-adventure/
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
miikeyblue
Earning More Ears

Just suggested to the wife that we extend our stay for an extra week, but get a villa for that bit... Pretty sure she'll be on board with it, but we'll see...
miikeyblue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by miikeyblue View Post
Just suggested to the wife that we extend our stay for an extra week, but get a villa for that bit... Pretty sure she'll be on board with it, but we'll see...
That is a superb idea.

Stick with Disney for two weeks and then do the other things like KSC, Discovery cove, universal and baseball, in the villa week. Gets you a chance to chill out as well and take it easy.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miikeyblue View Post
I really don't think you will regret doing this, fab idea

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You asked for ideas of things to do rather than itinerary comments. We've been twice and some of the highlights that I would recommend, outside of the rides and shows, are - dinner at California Grill to see the fireworks at MK, ask to wait for a table next to the window.

Getting pearls from oysters in the Japan pavilion they turn it into theatre and you can have the pearls made into jewellery either there or at home. Your boys might not want the jewellery but they might like to give them to their mum or grandma.
Having our silhouettes done in MK either by Sleepy Hollow or just off main street. Not expensive and a really nice souvenir.

We thought the Cheshire cats tails from the Cheshire cat cafe were delicious but do NOT get coffee there get a joffreys from the kiosk.

Chewbacca meet and greet was the best ever for me. It was like meeting a hero!

Whatever you do you'll have a great time!
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
miikeyblue
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by LottiesLot View Post
You asked for ideas of things to do rather than itinerary comments. We've been twice and some of the highlights that I would recommend, outside of the rides and shows, are - dinner at California Grill to see the fireworks at MK, ask to wait for a table next to the window.

Getting pearls from oysters in the Japan pavilion they turn it into theatre and you can have the pearls made into jewellery either there or at home. Your boys might not want the jewellery but they might like to give them to their mum or grandma.
Having our silhouettes done in MK either by Sleepy Hollow or just off main street. Not expensive and a really nice souvenir.

We thought the Cheshire cats tails from the Cheshire cat cafe were delicious but do NOT get coffee there get a joffreys from the kiosk.

Chewbacca meet and greet was the best ever for me. It was like meeting a hero!

Whatever you do you'll have a great time!
Thank you!